Betty Ann Neeley
b. 23 September 1827, d. 10 November 1905
- Father: John H. Neeley b. 10 April 1803, d. 21 September 1879
- Mother: Lila Dorinda Gaither Mize b. 25 February 1805, d. 30 October 1880
- Betty Ann Neeley was born on 23 September 1827 in Illinois.
- She was known as Betsy.
- She married George W. Reding, son of Iredell Reding and Martha Hallum, circa 1844.
- George W. Reding and Betty Ann Neeley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Hulda Jane Reding, William Henry Reding, Moses Graham and Hulda Reding. Also in the household were carpenter G. L. Passmore and farmers James H. and W. G. Strother.
- George W. Reding and Betty Ann Neeley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Texas, enumerated next to George's brother James.. Other members of the household included William Henry Reding, Harriet Ann Reding, John J. Reding and Robert Lafayette Reding.
- The following appeared on 16 April 1862 in The Tri-Weekly Telegraph:
Ed. Telegraph--I beg to acknowledge the receipt of the following articles, contributed for the Hempstead Hospital, by the ladies of Danville and Waverly, through Mrs. Major Green Wood, of Danville, Montgomery county:
278 lbs. lard, 160 lbs. ham, 40 lbs. soap, 6 doz. candles, 88 lbs. butter, 93 doz. eggs, 2 calico spreads, 2 comforts, 12 mattrasses, 30 sheets, 27 pillows, 40 pillow cases, 40 towels, donated by the following persons:
Mrs. Mayfield, Mrs. Hughes, Mrs. Spiller, Mrs. Sessum, Miss Sarah L. Davis, Mrs. Green M. Wood, Mrs. J. M. Leivi, Mrs. Geo. Redding, Mrs. Major Redding, Mrs. Maj. Green Wood, Mrs. McGarr, Mrs. Charles Abercrombie, Mrs. Tryler, Mrs. Dr. Carr, Mrs. W. B. Scott, Miss Thompson, Mrs. Tabb, Mrs. Richard Williams, Waverly; Mrs. Col. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Scott, do; Mrs. Col. Jno. Hill, do; Mrs. John C. Abercrombie, do; Mrs. Laura A. Scott, do; Mrs. Wm. B. Wood, Danville; Mrs. Wynne, do; Master Solomon Wood; Major Green Wood's servant[s], 31 doz. eggs; Mrs. Green Wood, cash, $10; Miss Sarah L. Davis, $10; Mrs. Dr. Stewart, $5.
Mrs. C. A. Groce,
Principal Hempstead Hospital.
Hempstead, April 10th, 1862.
- Betty Ann Neeley became a widow at the 18 October 1888 death of her husband George W. Reding.
- Betty Ann Neeley died on 10 November 1905 at age 78.
- She was interred at Zion Methodist Cemetery, Iola, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 28 Jul 2013