b. circa 1825
- Theodocia Hart was born circa 1825 in Alabama.
- She married William P. Traylor, son of Champion Travis Traylor and Sarah Jones, on 18 February 1842 in Dallas County, Alabama.
- William P. Traylor and Theodocia Hart appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Boug Chitto/Rascoes, Dallas County, Alabama, and also a merchant and his wife, a physician, an overseer, and a miller, all apparently unrealted.. Other members of the household included William A. Traylor, Joseph Derry Traylor, Sarah Elizabeth Traylor and Emma F. Traylor.
- William P. Traylor and Theodocia Hart appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included William A. Traylor, Joseph Derry Traylor and Sarah Elizabeth Traylor.
- The following appeared on 16 April 1862 in The Tri-Weekly Telegraph:
Ed. Telegraph--I beg to acknowledge the receipt of the following articles, contributed for the Hempstead Hospital, by the ladies of Danville and Waverly, through Mrs. Major Green Wood, of Danville, Montgomery county:
278 lbs. lard, 160 lbs. ham, 40 lbs. soap, 6 doz. candles, 88 lbs. butter, 93 doz. eggs, 2 calico spreads, 2 comforts, 12 mattrasses, 30 sheets, 27 pillows, 40 pillow cases, 40 towels, donated by the following persons:
Mrs. Mayfield, Mrs. Hughes, Mrs. Spiller, Mrs. Sessum, Miss Sarah L. Davis, Mrs. Green M. Wood, Mrs. J. M. Leivi, Mrs. Geo. Redding, Mrs. Major Redding, Mrs. Maj. Green Wood, Mrs. McGarr, Mrs. Charles Abercrombie, Mrs. Tryler, Mrs. Dr. Carr, Mrs. W. B. Scott, Miss Thompson, Mrs. Tabb, Mrs. Richard Williams, Waverly; Mrs. Col. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Scott, do; Mrs. Col. Jno. Hill, do; Mrs. John C. Abercrombie, do; Mrs. Laura A. Scott, do; Mrs. Wm. B. Wood, Danville; Mrs. Wynne, do; Master Solomon Wood; Major Green Wood's servant[s], 31 doz. eggs; Mrs. Green Wood, cash, $10; Miss Sarah L. Davis, $10; Mrs. Dr. Stewart, $5.
Mrs. C. A. Groce,
Principal Hempstead Hospital.
Hempstead, April 10th, 1862.
- Last Edited: 15 Apr 2007