b. circa 1812
- Father: Robert Mayes b. say 1780
- Malinda Mayes was born circa 1812 in Georgia.
- She married Charles A. Abercrombie, son of Leonard Abercrombie and Sarah Comer.
- Charles A. Abercrombie and Malinda Mayes appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery, Alabama. Other members of the household included Sarah Abercrombie.
- Charles A. Abercrombie and Malinda Mayes appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Buford Abercrombie. James was the last child of Charles Abercrombie's brother Milo Bolling from his first marriage, and whose mother died shortly after he was born.
- The following appeared on 16 April 1862 in The Tri-Weekly Telegraph:
Ed. Telegraph--I beg to acknowledge the receipt of the following articles, contributed for the Hempstead Hospital, by the ladies of Danville and Waverly, through Mrs. Major Green Wood, of Danville, Montgomery county:
278 lbs. lard, 160 lbs. ham, 40 lbs. soap, 6 doz. candles, 88 lbs. butter, 93 doz. eggs, 2 calico spreads, 2 comforts, 12 mattrasses, 30 sheets, 27 pillows, 40 pillow cases, 40 towels, donated by the following persons:
Mrs. Mayfield, Mrs. Hughes, Mrs. Spiller, Mrs. Sessum, Miss Sarah L. Davis, Mrs. Green M. Wood, Mrs. J. M. Leivi, Mrs. Geo. Redding, Mrs. Major Redding, Mrs. Maj. Green Wood, Mrs. McGarr, Mrs. Charles Abercrombie, Mrs. Tryler, Mrs. Dr. Carr, Mrs. W. B. Scott, Miss Thompson, Mrs. Tabb, Mrs. Richard Williams, Waverly; Mrs. Col. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Campbell, do; Mrs. Dr. Scott, do; Mrs. Col. Jno. Hill, do; Mrs. John C. Abercrombie, do; Mrs. Laura A. Scott, do; Mrs. Wm. B. Wood, Danville; Mrs. Wynne, do; Master Solomon Wood; Major Green Wood's servant[s], 31 doz. eggs; Mrs. Green Wood, cash, $10; Miss Sarah L. Davis, $10; Mrs. Dr. Stewart, $5.
Mrs. C. A. Groce,
Principal Hempstead Hospital.
Hempstead, April 10th, 1862.
- On Firday, 31 October 1862, Green Wood recorded in his plantation daily account book: "Mrs. C. Abercrombie and Mrs. Warren came."
- Charles A. Abercrombie and Malinda Mayes appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Walker County, Texas.
- Charles A. Abercrombie and Malinda Mayes appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 8 Aug 2013