Eula E. Baldtrip
b. 9 September 1901, d. 23 February 1974
- Father: Maxie C. Baldtrip b. 19 December 1872, d. 20 January 1963
- Eula E. Baldtrip was born on 9 September 1901 in Ripley, Payne County, Oklahoma Territory. It is possible that her mother was Ida L. Scott.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Sallie Jones arrived in Emerson, Manitoba, Canada, on 22 April 1911, accompanied by Eula E. Baldtrip, Roy H. Baldtrip, Odie E. Baldtrip and Beulah Baldtrip by train from Oklahoma.
- She married Rollie L. Walton, son of Aaron Walton and Priscilla Redrick, on 24 December 1919 in Alsuma, Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Darling, Musckgee County, Oklahoma. Apparently Rollie is identified as Albert Walton, born in Louisiana.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Jefferson, Washington County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Maxie Charles Walton, Theodore T. Walton and Juanita D. Walton. Son Maxie also is enumerated with his grandparents in Muskogee County.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma, at 302 Boudinot Avenue. Other members of the household included Theodore T. Walton and Juanita D. Walton.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1963 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Funeral services for Maxie Baldtrip, 90, of 910 South Third, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the First Baptist Church in Oktaha with burial in Oktaha Cemetery to be directed by Ragsdale' Mortuary.
Baldtrip died Sunday in a local hospital.
Survivors include his wife, Edna of the home; four daughters, Maxey Barnes and Bessie Hawkins, both of Houston, Texas, Eula Walton, Dewey, and Beulah Reynolds, Tulsa; two sons, Roy of Los Angeles, California, and Odie of Kansas City, Missouri; and two sisters, Sarah Carlisle, Galveston, Texas, and Elizabeth Scott Name, Conroe, Texas.
- Eula E. Baldtrip died on 23 February 1974 at age 72 in Bartlesville, Washington County, Oklahoma, at Jane Phillips Hospital.
- Her husband Rollie L. Walton became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Dewey Cemetery, Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma.
- The following appeared on 26 February 1974 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Mrs. Eula E. Walton, 72, Dewey, died at 1:10 p.m. Saturday in the Memorial Building of The Jane Phillips Hospital following a short illness.
She was born Sept. 9, 1901 at Ripley, and lived in Dewey for 45 years. Mrs. Walton was a member of the First Baptist Church of Dewey. She and Rollie Walton were married Dec. 24, 1919 in Alsuma in Tulsa County.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. B. F. Colbert officiating. Interment will be in The Dewey Cemetery.
She is survived by her husband, Rollie L. Walton of Dewey, her stepmother, Mrs. Edna Baldtrip of Muskogee, two sons, Maxie Walton of Bartlesville and Theodore Walton of Dewey, two sisters, Mrs. Bula Reynolds of Tulsa and Mrs. Maxey Barnes of Houston, Texas, one brother, Roy Baldtrip of Los Angeles, Calif., six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Services and interment will be under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- The following appeared on 28 November 1980 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Rollie L. Walton, 86, 421 N.W. Raleigh, Dewey, died Tuesday afternoon at his home.
Mr. Walton was born on Aug. 4 [sic] at Seguin, Texas, to Aaron and Priscilla Redrick Walton. Mr. Walton had lived at Coweta, where he was a member of the Methodist Church at Coweta, Jackson Grove Community, and later he lived at Oktaha, Okla., where he was baptized in the Baptist Church.
He lived for a time in Mildred, Kan., where he was employed by the Portland Cement Plant. Mr. Walton and his family moved to Dewey in July 1929 and he retired from the cement plant in 1961. Following his retirement he was employed by the Forrest Manor Nursing Home for about two years. He was currently a member of the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey. Mr. Walton was married to Miss Eula Baldtrip on Dec. 24, 1919. She and a daughter, Juanita, preceded him in death.
Mr. Walton is survived by two sons, Theodore Walton, of Dewey; and Maxie Walton, of Bartlesville; one sister, Mrs. Ella Mae Carter, of San Diego, Calif; six grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services for Mr. Walton will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Westside Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. Ben Colbert officiating. Interment will be in the Dewey Cemetery under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- Last Edited: 11 Dec 2015
Family: Rollie L. Walton b. 14 August 1894, d. 25 November 1980
- Maxie Charles Walton b. 5 April 1922, d. 22 December 1997
- Theodore T. Walton b. 20 April 1926, d. 1 January 1982
- Juanita D. Walton+ b. circa 1928