b. 5 May 1884, d. 6 March 1965
- Sarah Baltrip was born on 5 May 1884 in Texas.
- Hampton and Celia appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Sarah Baltrip, Moses Baltrip, Hampton Baltrip Jr., Elisha Baltrip, Bettie Baltrip, Robert Baltrip, Lizzie Baltrip and Celia Baltrip. Boarding in the household was farm laborer Moses Jones (age 21) possibly the son of Milton James, although the age is ten years off.
- She married Henry Carline circa 1914.
- Henry Carline and Sarah Baltrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Galveston, Texas, at 2518 Avenue L.
- Henry Carline and Sarah Baltrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Galveston, Texas, at 2011 27th Street.
- She was self-employed at home as a laundress, according to the 1930 census.
- Henry Carline and Sarah Baltrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Galveston, Texas, at 2011 27th Street.
- Henry Carline registered for the draft in 1942 in Galveston County, Texas, while living with his wife Sarah at 2011 27th Street in Galveston.
- She officially witnessed the death of Annie Baltrip on 13 January 1946 at 3403 Delphi Street in Houston, Harris County, Texas; at her residence.
- She officially witnessed the death of Henry Carline on 17 July 1951 at 2011 27th Street in Galveston, Texas; at his residence.
- Sarah Baltrip became a widow at the 17 July 1951 death of her husband Henry Carline.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1963 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Funeral services for Maxie Baldtrip, 90, of 910 South Third, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the First Baptist Church in Oktaha with burial in Oktaha Cemetery to be directed by Ragsdale' Mortuary.
Baldtrip died Sunday in a local hospital.
Survivors include his wife, Edna of the home; four daughters, Maxey Barnes and Bessie Hawkins, both of Houston, Texas, Eula Walton, Dewey, and Beulah Reynolds, Tulsa; two sons, Roy of Los Angeles, California, and Odie of Kansas City, Missouri; and two sisters, Sarah Carlisle, Galveston, Texas, and Elizabeth Scott Name, Conroe, Texas.
- Sarah Baltrip died on 6 March 1965 at age 80 in Galveston, Texas, at 2011 27th Street at her residence. . Her death was officially witnessed by Celia Baltrip. While there is little doubt that this is the correct death record, her burthdate is recorded as 5 May 1894. Her name is recorded as Sarah Caraline, parents Hamp Baltrip and Sealy Reece.
- She was interred at Barbour's Memorial Garden, Hitchcock, Galveston County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 11 Oct 2015