Roy H. Baldtrip
b. 17 September 1903, d. 23 September 1980
- Father: Maxie C. Baldtrip b. 19 December 1872, d. 20 January 1963
- Roy H. Baldtrip was born on 17 September 1903 in Oklahoma or Indian Territory. According to his 1936 California marriage record, his mother was A. Anderson.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Sallie Jones arrived in Emerson, Manitoba, Canada, on 22 April 1911, accompanied by Roy H. Baldtrip, Eula E. Baldtrip, Odie E. Baldtrip and Beulah Baldtrip by train from Oklahoma.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Mary A. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Broken Arrow, Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Roy H. Baldtrip, Odie E. Baldtrip and Beulah Baldtrip.
- He was attending school in Alsuma, according to the 1920 census.
- He and Alice M. Higgs obtained a marriage license on 6 January 1925 in McIntosh County, Oklahoma, and Roy's sister Bula married Alice's brother Willie.
- William Higgs and Beulah Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, at 1741 North Madison Street. Other members of the household included Roy H. Baldtrip. Brother-in-law Roy Baldtrip is identified as a widower, but his former wife Alice Higgs is enumerated in Muskogee County with her parents and four children.
- He was working at a storage house, according to the 1930 census.
- He married Alice Grant, daughter of John Wesley Grant and Carrie Hines, on 18 June 1936 in Los Angeles County, California.
- Roy H. Baldtrip and Alice Grant appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Los Angeles, California, at 1131 43rd Street. Other members of the household included Carrie Grant. Alice's mother is identified as widow Carrie Robinson, age 54.
- He was employed by a foundry mill, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1963 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Funeral services for Maxie Baldtrip, 90, of 910 South Third, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the First Baptist Church in Oktaha with burial in Oktaha Cemetery to be directed by Ragsdale' Mortuary.
Baldtrip died Sunday in a local hospital.
Survivors include his wife, Edna of the home; four daughters, Maxey Barnes and Bessie Hawkins, both of Houston, Texas, Eula Walton, Dewey, and Beulah Reynolds, Tulsa; two sons, Roy of Los Angeles, California, and Odie of Kansas City, Missouri; and two sisters, Sarah Carlisle, Galveston, Texas, and Elizabeth Scott Name, Conroe, Texas.
- The following appeared on 26 February 1974 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Mrs. Eula E. Walton, 72, Dewey, died at 1:10 p.m. Saturday in the Memorial Building of The Jane Phillips Hospital following a short illness.
She was born Sept. 9, 1901 at Ripley, and lived in Dewey for 45 years. Mrs. Walton was a member of the First Baptist Church of Dewey. She and Rollie Walton were married Dec. 24, 1919 in Alsuma in Tulsa County.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. B. F. Colbert officiating. Interment will be in The Dewey Cemetery.
She is survived by her husband, Rollie L. Walton of Dewey, her stepmother, Mrs. Edna Baldtrip of Muskogee, two sons, Maxie Walton of Bartlesville and Theodore Walton of Dewey, two sisters, Mrs. Bula Reynolds of Tulsa and Mrs. Maxey Barnes of Houston, Texas, one brother, Roy Baldtrip of Los Angeles, Calif., six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Services and interment will be under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- Roy H. Baldtrip became a widower at the 6 November 1974 death of his wife Alice Grant.
- He married Arlivia S. Guyton, daughter of William Guyton and Susie Hause, on 20 December 1975 in Los Angeles County, California.
- Roy H. Baldtrip died on 23 September 1980 at age 77 in Los Angeles County, California.
- His wife Arlivia S. Guyton became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 26 Aug 2016