Rollie L. Walton
b. 14 August 1894, d. 25 November 1980
- Rollie L. Walton was born on 14 August 1894 in Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas.
- He married Eula E. Baldtrip, daughter of Maxie C. Baldtrip, on 24 December 1919 in Alsuma, Tulsa County, Oklahoma.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Darling, Musckgee County, Oklahoma. Apparently Rollie is identified as Albert Walton, born in Louisiana.
- He was a farm laborer, according to the 1920 census.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Jefferson, Washington County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Maxie Charles Walton, Theodore T. Walton and Juanita D. Walton. Son Maxie also is enumerated with his grandparents in Muskogee County.
- He was working in a cement plant, according to the 1930 census.
- Rollie L. Walton and Eula E. Baldtrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma, at 302 Boudinot Avenue. Other members of the household included Theodore T. Walton and Juanita D. Walton.
- He was working for a cement company, according to the 1940 census.
- Rollie L. Walton became a widower at the 23 February 1974 death of his wife Eula E. Baldtrip.
- The following appeared on 26 February 1974 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Mrs. Eula E. Walton, 72, Dewey, died at 1:10 p.m. Saturday in the Memorial Building of The Jane Phillips Hospital following a short illness.
She was born Sept. 9, 1901 at Ripley, and lived in Dewey for 45 years. Mrs. Walton was a member of the First Baptist Church of Dewey. She and Rollie Walton were married Dec. 24, 1919 in Alsuma in Tulsa County.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. B. F. Colbert officiating. Interment will be in The Dewey Cemetery.
She is survived by her husband, Rollie L. Walton of Dewey, her stepmother, Mrs. Edna Baldtrip of Muskogee, two sons, Maxie Walton of Bartlesville and Theodore Walton of Dewey, two sisters, Mrs. Bula Reynolds of Tulsa and Mrs. Maxey Barnes of Houston, Texas, one brother, Roy Baldtrip of Los Angeles, Calif., six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Services and interment will be under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- He was interred at Dewey Cemetery, Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma.
- The SSDI lists Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma, as the last residence of record of Rollie L. Walton, and last benefit in Bartlesville.
- Rollie L. Walton died on 25 November 1980 at age 86 in Dewey, Washington County, Oklahoma, at 421 NW Raleigh a his residence.
- The following appeared on 28 November 1980 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Rollie L. Walton, 86, 421 N.W. Raleigh, Dewey, died Tuesday afternoon at his home.
Mr. Walton was born on Aug. 4 [sic] at Seguin, Texas, to Aaron and Priscilla Redrick Walton. Mr. Walton had lived at Coweta, where he was a member of the Methodist Church at Coweta, Jackson Grove Community, and later he lived at Oktaha, Okla., where he was baptized in the Baptist Church.
He lived for a time in Mildred, Kan., where he was employed by the Portland Cement Plant. Mr. Walton and his family moved to Dewey in July 1929 and he retired from the cement plant in 1961. Following his retirement he was employed by the Forrest Manor Nursing Home for about two years. He was currently a member of the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey. Mr. Walton was married to Miss Eula Baldtrip on Dec. 24, 1919. She and a daughter, Juanita, preceded him in death.
Mr. Walton is survived by two sons, Theodore Walton, of Dewey; and Maxie Walton, of Bartlesville; one sister, Mrs. Ella Mae Carter, of San Diego, Calif; six grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Funeral services for Mr. Walton will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Westside Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. Ben Colbert officiating. Interment will be in the Dewey Cemetery under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- Last Edited: 15 Jan 2014