b. 28 June 1904, d. 23 December 1985
- Edna Reed was born on 28 June 1904 in Texas.
- She and Maxie C. Baldtrip obtained a marriage license on 29 June 1935 in McIntosh County, Oklahoma, with Edna's surname recorded as Hervey.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Edna Reed appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Darling Township, Muskogee County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Maxie Charles Walton. Also in the household was niece Bernice Reed (age 1).
- Edna Reed became a widow at the 20 January 1963 death of her husband Maxie C. Baldtrip.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1963 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Funeral services for Maxie Baldtrip, 90, of 910 South Third, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the First Baptist Church in Oktaha with burial in Oktaha Cemetery to be directed by Ragsdale' Mortuary.
Baldtrip died Sunday in a local hospital.
Survivors include his wife, Edna of the home; four daughters, Maxey Barnes and Bessie Hawkins, both of Houston, Texas, Eula Walton, Dewey, and Beulah Reynolds, Tulsa; two sons, Roy of Los Angeles, California, and Odie of Kansas City, Missouri; and two sisters, Sarah Carlisle, Galveston, Texas, and Elizabeth Scott Name, Conroe, Texas.
- The following appeared on 26 February 1974 in the Bartlesville Examiner-Enterprise: Mrs. Eula E. Walton, 72, Dewey, died at 1:10 p.m. Saturday in the Memorial Building of The Jane Phillips Hospital following a short illness.
She was born Sept. 9, 1901 at Ripley, and lived in Dewey for 45 years. Mrs. Walton was a member of the First Baptist Church of Dewey. She and Rollie Walton were married Dec. 24, 1919 in Alsuma in Tulsa County.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Westside First Baptist Church in Dewey with Rev. B. F. Colbert officiating. Interment will be in The Dewey Cemetery.
She is survived by her husband, Rollie L. Walton of Dewey, her stepmother, Mrs. Edna Baldtrip of Muskogee, two sons, Maxie Walton of Bartlesville and Theodore Walton of Dewey, two sisters, Mrs. Bula Reynolds of Tulsa and Mrs. Maxey Barnes of Houston, Texas, one brother, Roy Baldtrip of Los Angeles, Calif., six grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.
Services and interment will be under the direction of the Stumpff Funeral Home.
- The SSDI lists Muskogee County, Oklahoma, as the last residence of record of Edna Reed.
- Edna Reed died on 23 December 1985 at age 81 in Muskogee County, Oklahoma, at Muskogee Regional Medical Center.
- She was interred at Oktaha Cemetery, Oktaha, Muskogee County, Oklahoma.
- The following appeared on 27 December 1985 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Services for Mrs. Edna Baldtrip, 81, of 908 S. Third St. will be Saturday at 2 p.m. in Rayfield Baptist church with the Rev. Leroy Walker officiating.
Burial will be in Oktaha Cemetery and nephews wil be pallbearers.
Visitiation will be Friday from 1 to 7 p.m. p.m. in Granger Funeral Chapel.
Born June 28, 1904, in Redmond, Texas, Mrs. Baldtrip died Monday in Muskogee Regional Medical Center. She moved with her parents to New Home Community and completed her schooling. She was a member of Oktaha First Baptist Church and later Rayfield Baptist Church. She was a member of Order of Eastern Star 18.
Survivors include a brother, James Reed, of Kansas City, Kan; three nieces, Bernice Bell of Kansas City and Mary Lou Grant and Wanda Green, both of Muskogee.
- Last Edited: 7 Dec 2013