Odie E. Baldtrip
b. 9 September 1905, d. March 1968
- Father: Maxie C. Baldtrip b. 19 December 1872, d. 20 January 1963
- Odie E. Baldtrip was born on 9 September 1905 in Cleveland County, Oklahoma Territory.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Sallie Jones arrived in Emerson, Manitoba, Canada, on 22 April 1911, accompanied by Odie E. Baldtrip, Eula E. Baldtrip, Roy H. Baldtrip and Beulah Baldtrip by train from Oklahoma.
- Maxie C. Baldtrip and Mary A. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Broken Arrow, Tulsa County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Odie E. Baldtrip, Roy H. Baldtrip and Beulah Baldtrip.
- He was attending school in Alsuma, according to the 1920 census.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1930 census.
- He married Pearl Taylor on 5 January 1935 in Oktaha, Muskogee County, Oklahoma, by license issued the same day, with Baptist Minister Rev. Hosea Maxwell officiating. Witnesses were Millie Maxwell and Clerene John of Oktaha.
- Odie E. Baldtrip and Pearl Taylor appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Darling Township, Muscogee County, Oklahoma. Other members of the household included Ethel Mae Baldtrip. Ethel Baldtrip also in enumerated in the household of her maternal grandparents.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 24 January 1963 in the Muskogee Phoenix: Funeral services for Maxie Baldtrip, 90, of 910 South Third, will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday in the First Baptist Church in Oktaha with burial in Oktaha Cemetery to be directed by Ragsdale' Mortuary.
Baldtrip died Sunday in a local hospital.
Survivors include his wife, Edna of the home; four daughters, Maxey Barnes and Bessie Hawkins, both of Houston, Texas, Eula Walton, Dewey, and Beulah Reynolds, Tulsa; two sons, Roy of Los Angeles, California, and Odie of Kansas City, Missouri; and two sisters, Sarah Carlisle, Galveston, Texas, and Elizabeth Scott Name, Conroe, Texas.
- The SSDI lists Flint, Genesee County, Michigan, as the last residence of record of Odie E. Baldtrip.
- Odie E. Baldtrip died in March 1968 at age 62.
- Last Edited: 26 Aug 2016
- Ethel Mae Baldtrip b. 9 February 1928, d. 23 March 2003