b. circa 1833
- Father: Samuel Washington Lindley b. circa 1788, d. circa 1859
- Mother: Elizabeth Whitley b. December 1795, d. 1838
- Mahala Lindley was born circa 1833 in Illinois.
- Samuel Washington Lindley and Martha Taylor appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Mahala Lindley, John Lindley, James Lindley, Elijah Lindley and Amanda Marie Lindley.
- She married Elijah Collard Tolbert, son of John Tolbert and Margaret Elizabeth Collard, on 28 August 1851 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson and Martha Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Texas, and "B. A. Gipson," age 14, who may actually be Anthony's daughter enumerated in 1850 as Tabitha.. Other members of the household included Mahala Lindley, Sam Gibson, Sarah E. J. Crowson, James W. Gibson, Mary D. Gibson, Clayton M. Gibson, Martha Jane Gibson, Amanda Edna Gibson, Margaret Ann Tolbert, Martha J. Tolbert and William Tolbert.
- Last Edited: 12 Aug 2009