b. 8 June 1829, d. 20 February 1911
- Father: Samuel Washington Lindley b. circa 1788, d. circa 1859
- Mother: Elizabeth Whitley b. December 1795, d. 1838
- John Lindley was born on 8 June 1829 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois.
- Samuel Washington Lindley and Martha Taylor appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included John Lindley, James Lindley, Mahala Lindley, Elijah Lindley and Amanda Marie Lindley.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- He married Eliza Ann Martin circa 1854.
- John Lindley and Eliza Ann Martin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Goshen, Walker County, Texas, enumerated next to William and Lucinda O'Neal. Lucinda's brother William O'Banion was married to John Lindley's sister Rachel.. Other members of the household included Sam Lindley, Mary A. Lindley and William R. Lindley.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- John Lindley became a widower at the 17 January 1898 death of his wife Eliza Ann Martin.
- John Lindley died on 20 February 1911 at age 81.
- He was interred at Madisonville Cemetery, Madison County, Texas.
- For an account of his CSA service in Company B, 24th Texas Cavalry Regiment, see his profile in Karen McCann Hett's Danville Mounted Riflemen.
- Last Edited: 2 Aug 2011