b. 9 March 1790, d. 13 June 1879
- Martha Taylor was born on 9 March 1790 in South Carolina or Kentucky.
- She married Shelton Allphin circa 1810 in Kentucky.
- Martha Taylor became a widow at the 8 October 1835 death of her husband Shelton Allphin.
- She married Samuel Washington Lindley, son of John Lindley and Sarah Pyle, circa November 1845, and Sam's granddaughter Mary Steele later married Martha's son William Shelton Allphin. Also, Margaret Fowler Park Lindley, widow of Sam's son Sam Jr., married Martha's son Reuben Reed Allphin.
- Samuel Washington Lindley and Martha Taylor appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included John Lindley, James Lindley, Mahala Lindley, Elijah Lindley and Amanda Marie Lindley.
- Martha Taylor died on 13 June 1879 at age 89.
- She was interred at Allphin Cemetery, Midway, Madison County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 12 Aug 2009