Anthony Palmer Gibson
b. 17 November 1818, d. 24 February 1895
- Anthony Palmer Gibson was born on 17 November 1818 in St. Charles County, Missouri.
- He married Katherine Green, daughter of (?) Green and Mary Collard, on 16 October 1842.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson became a widower at the 1846 death of his wife Katherine Green.
- He married Martha Lindley, daughter of Samuel Washington Lindley and Elizabeth Whitley, on 4 September 1849 in Walker County, Texas.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson and Martha Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Texas, and "B. A. Gipson," age 14, who may actually be Anthony's daughter enumerated in 1850 as Tabitha.. Other members of the household included Sam Gibson, Sarah E. J. Crowson, James W. Gibson, Mary D. Gibson, Clayton M. Gibson, Martha Jane Gibson, Amanda Edna Gibson, Mahala Lindley, Margaret Ann Tolbert, Martha J. Tolbert and William Tolbert.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson became a widower at the 28 December 1882 death of his wife Martha Lindley.
- He married Mary Elizabeth Reynolds on 1 January 1890.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson died on 24 February 1895 at age 76.
- His wife Mary Elizabeth Reynolds became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Allphin Cemetery, Midway, Madison County, Texas.
- For an account of his CSA service in Company B, 24th Texas Cavalry Regiment, see his profile in Karen McCann Hett's Danville Mounted Riflemen.
- Last Edited: 12 Aug 2009