b. 30 July 1821, d. 28 December 1882
- Father: Samuel Washington Lindley b. circa 1788, d. circa 1859
- Mother: Elizabeth Whitley b. December 1795, d. 1838
- Martha Lindley was born on 30 July 1821 in Sangamon County, Illinois, or possibly 30 June.
- She was known as Patsy.
- She married John Jasper Crowson on 22 October 1844 in Madison, Walker County, Texas.
- Martha Lindley became a widow at the between 1846 and 1849 death of her husband John Jasper Crowson.
- She married Anthony Palmer Gibson on 4 September 1849 in Walker County, Texas.
- Anthony Palmer Gibson and Martha Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Texas, and "B. A. Gipson," age 14, who may actually be Anthony's daughter enumerated in 1850 as Tabitha.. Other members of the household included Sam Gibson, Sarah E. J. Crowson, James W. Gibson, Mary D. Gibson, Clayton M. Gibson, Martha Jane Gibson, Amanda Edna Gibson, Mahala Lindley, Margaret Ann Tolbert, Martha J. Tolbert and William Tolbert.
- Martha Lindley died on 28 December 1882 at age 61 in Madison, Walker County, Texas.
- Her husband Anthony Palmer Gibson became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Allphin Cemetery, Midway, Madison County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 12 Aug 2009