b. circa 8 August 1882, d. 25 July 1920
- Elisha Baltrip was born circa 8 August 1882 in Texas.
- Hampton and Celia appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Elisha Baltrip, Moses Baltrip, Hampton Baltrip Jr., Sarah Baltrip, Bettie Baltrip, Robert Baltrip, Lizzie Baltrip and Celia Baltrip. Boarding in the household was farm laborer Moses Jones (age 21) possibly the son of Milton James, although the age is ten years off.
- He was a farm laborer, according to the 1900 census.
- He married Rebecca Carter, daughter of Ruben Carter and Laura Bouden.
- Elisha Baltrip registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Harris County, Texas, while living with his wife Rebecca at 2807 Capitol in Houston, employed there as a driver by Farrer Lumber Company at 501 Dowling Street.
- Elisha Baltrip and Rebecca Carter appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2809 Capitol. Other members of the household included Tiny Baltrip.
- He was employed driving a lumber truck, according to the 1920 census.
- Elisha Baltrip died on 25 July 1920 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 2807 Capitol at his residence. . His death was officially witnessed by Rebecca Carter.
- His wife Rebecca Carter became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at New Waverly, Walker County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 28 Aug 2016