b. 8 January 1891, d. 16 April 1976
- Celia Baltrip was born on 8 January 1891 in Walker County, Texas.
- She was known as Sealy.
- Hampton and Celia appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Celia Baltrip, Moses Baltrip, Hampton Baltrip Jr., Elisha Baltrip, Sarah Baltrip, Bettie Baltrip, Robert Baltrip and Lizzie Baltrip. Boarding in the household was farm laborer Moses Jones (age 21) possibly the son of Milton James, although the age is ten years off.
- She married Will Stanley.
- Celia Baltrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in New Waverly, Walker County, Texas, enumerated as a cook in the household of Mellon and Dollie Whitley.. She is identified as Celia Baltrip, divorced.
- Celia Baltrip appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Galveston, Texas, at 1214 29th Street. Other members of the household included Willie G. Stanley.
- She was employed as a maid in a private home, according to the 1940 census.
- She officially witnessed the death of Sarah Baltrip on 6 March 1965 at 2011 27th Street in Galveston, Texas; at her residence.
- The following appeared on 13 December 1975 in The Galveston Daily News: Funeral services for Willie G. (Bo Pete) Stanley, 62, of 2011 27th St., will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at Fields Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. J. F. Sergent officiating. Burial will be at Galveston Memorial Cemetery.
Mr. Stanley died Monday at John Sealy Hospital.
He was born Jan. 25, 1913, in Walker, Tex. and had lived in Galveston for 60 years.
He is survived by his mother, Mrs. Sealy B. Stanley of Galveston.
Friends may call at the funeral home after 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Celia Baltrip died on 16 April 1976 at age 85 in Texas City, Galveston County, Texas, at Autumn Hills Convalescent Center . Her death was officially witnessed by Gilford Baltrip.
- She was interred at Galveston Memorial Park Cemetery, Hitchcock, Galveston County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 19 April 1976 in The Galveston Daily News: Funeral services for Mrs. Sealy B. Stanley, 85, of 2011 27th St. will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in West Point Baptist Church, the Rev. J. F. Sargent officiating.
Burial will be in Galveston Memorial Cemetery under the direction of Fields Funeral Home.
Mrs. Stanley died at 8 a.m. Friday in Autumn Hills Convalescent Center following a lengthy illness.
A wake will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. at the chapel of the funeral home.
Mrs. Stanley was born Jan. 8, 1891, in Walker, Tex., and had been a resident of Galveston the past 61 years. She was a member of West Point Baptist Church and of Herons of Jericho Pride at the South Court No. 282.
She is survived by a nephew, Gilford Baltrip of Houston. Friends may call at the funeral home after 3 p.m. Monday.
- Last Edited: 12 Oct 2015