William Shelton Allphin
b. circa 1833
- Father: Shelton Allphin b. 17 February 1787, d. 8 October 1835
- Mother: Martha Taylor b. 9 March 1790, d. 13 June 1879
- William Shelton Allphin was born circa 1833 in Illinois.
- William Shelton Allphin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Walker County, Tennessee, enumerated with George G. Derham (age 22, born in South Carolina), next to William's brother Ransom, and near his sister Martha Park, and their brother Israel.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- He married Mary Steele, daughter of Thomas Steele and Sarah Lindley, on 9 September 1858 in Montgomery County, Texas, about twelve years after William's widowed mother Martha Taylor Allphin married Mary's grandfather Sam Lindley. Also, William's brother Reuben Reed Allphin married Margaret Fowler Park Lindley, widow of Mary's uncle Sam Lindley Jr.
- Thomas Steele and Sarah Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Waco PO, McLennan County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Shelton Allphin, Samuel James Steele, Amos B. Steele and Mary Steele.
- Last Edited: 10 Jan 2013