b. 25 June 1794, d. 3 May 1859
- Father: William Norman b. say 1770
- Mother: Mary Shepard b. say 1770
- Sarah Norman was born on 25 June 1794 in Lincoln County, Georgia.
- She married Timothy Walton on 23 November 1809 in Lincoln County, Georgia.
- Sarah Norman became a widow at the say 1827 death of her husband Timothy Walton.
- She married Charles George Rush, son of George Rush and Mary Bushong, circa 1827 in Lincoln County, Georgia.
- Following the deaths of their parents William Chambers and Jane Green Paul LeGrand in the early 1840s, the LeGrand children were taken into various families. Mary Jane, the eldest, spent time with Charles and Sarah Norman Rush and with Theodore and Caroline Mays Brevard. She and Green Mark Wood were married by Judge Brevard, and they named their first child Rush Brevard Wood. Margaret was raised as the only child of Letitia Ann Wood McNair (daughter of Green Wood’s cousin Ashley Wood) and her husband Edward McNair. Cornelia was raised in the household of Charles and Sarah Norman Rush, and Virginia William “Willie” was raised from infancy as the only child of John Henry and Mary Harris Gindrat (whose niece Sarah Anne Harris later married Willis Breazeal Wood). Likely son Milton Paul LeGrand also was taken into the Rush family, but no record has been found of his earlier years; by 1850, at age 17, he was serving as an apprentice in the household of druggist Henry F. Godden in Marion, Alabama.
- Charles George Rush and Sarah Norman appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Macon County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Benjamin Andrew Rush, John H. Wesley Rush, Amanda Harris and Cornelia Anne Elizabeth LeGrand.
- Sarah Norman became a widow at the 9 December 1857 death of her husband Charles George Rush.
- Upon the grave marker of Capt. Charles George Rush in the Rush family cemetery in Macon County, Alabama, who died on 9 December 1857, is written:
Here lies C.G. Rush, the orphans friend,
and we the children of W.C. & J.G. LeGrand
are numbered with the many for whom he
cared, he is gone but his memory will ever
be cherished by the orphans.
- Sarah Norman died on 3 May 1859 at age 64.
- She was interred at the Rush family cemetery, Tuskegee, Macon County, Alabama.
- Her will is on file in the Macon County, Alabama, courthouse.
- Last Edited: 22 Jul 2014
Family 1: Timothy Walton b. circa 1790, d. say 1826
- Caroline Walton+ b. 18 September 1811, d. 9 October 1841
- Elizabeth Walton+ b. 27 May 1812, d. 11 March 1844
- Sarah Ann Walton+ b. circa 1814
- Timothy W. Walton+ b. circa 1820
- Martha Sophia Walton+ b. circa 1827
Family 2: Charles George Rush b. 8 February 1786, d. 9 December 1857
- Amanda E. Rush+ b. circa 1828, d. 26 July 1844
- Benjamin Andrew Rush+ b. 2 June 1830, d. 5 June 1903
- John H. Wesley Rush+ b. 22 March 1833, d. 6 October 1905
- Ellen Rush+ b. circa 1834, d. 11 October 1888