Katie Bertha Reed
b. 21 September 1857, d. 9 January 1896
- Father: Samuel Reed b. circa 1820, d. circa 1858
- Mother: Martha Frances Harrison b. circa 1830, d. circa 1875
- Sam Reed entered into an agreement on 31 December 1850 with William M. Barrett to do all the brick work of Austin College, for the sum of $750.00, to be completed by 1 January 1852. The building, whose cornerstone was laid on Saint John's day, 24 June 1851, was constructed of soft sand-molded bricks forged at the state penitentiary. It still stands as "Austin Hall" at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville. Green Wood's son Campbell attended Austin College from 1855 to 1857. Sam Reed's daughter Mattie married Green Wood's grandson Solomon Wm Wood in 1873, and the following year Sam's daughter Katie married Green's grandson Rush Brevard Wood. On 28 November 1851, Green Wood "Paid Daniel Baker $50, my subscription to Austin College."
- Katie Bertha Reed was born on 21 September 1857 in Walker County, Texas.
- Peter Royal and Martha Frances Harrison appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Katie Bertha Reed, Mary Sanford Reed and Martha Clarana Reed.
- Peter Royal and Martha Frances Harrison appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas. Other members of the household included Katie Bertha Reed, Henry Royal, Martha Clarana Reed, Robert James Tedford and William Dickson Tedford.
- About 1873, a photographic portrait was made of Martha Frances Reed Royal and her daughter Katie Reed.
- She married Rush Brevard Wood, son of Green Mark Wood and Mary Jane LeGrand, on 4 November 1874 in Huntsville, Walker County, Texas.
- Rush Brevard Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Walker County, Texas, and also farm worker Daniel D King.. Other members of the household included Katie Bertha Reed, Mattie Malinda Wood, Charles Abercrombie Wood and George Mark Wood.
- Katie Bertha Reed died on 9 January 1896 at age 38 in Texas.
- Her husband Rush Brevard Wood became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- Last Edited: 11 Aug 2013
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family: Rush Brevard Wood b. 31 January 1847, d. 1 December 1932
- Mattie Malinda Wood+ b. 6 February 1877, d. 11 February 1913
- Charles Abercrombie Wood+ b. 15 August 1878, d. 25 December 1945
- George Mark Wood+ b. 30 May 1880, d. 29 January 1953
- Mary Ella Wood b. 22 February 1882, d. 26 April 1922
- Minnie Ida Wood b. 25 June 1883, d. 13 November 1884
- Cornelia LeGrand Wood b. 22 May 1885, d. 9 April 1965
- Langston Goree Wood+ b. 27 September 1886, d. 1 April 1977
- Infant Wood b. 27 June 1888, d. 27 June 1888
- Carrie Brevard Wood+ b. 17 May 1890, d. 26 October 1976
- Fannie Eloise Wood b. 3 January 1892, d. 11 August 1892
- Katie Bertha Wood b. 6 September 1893, d. 16 May 1911