Katie Bertha Wood
b. 6 September 1893, d. 16 May 1911
- Father: Rush Brevard Wood b. 31 January 1847, d. 1 December 1932
- Mother: Katie Bertha Reed b. 21 September 1857, d. 9 January 1896
- Katie Bertha Wood was born on 6 September 1893 in Texas.
- Rush Brevard Wood and Mahalah J. Hamilton appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Katie Bertha Wood, Carrie Brevard Wood, Cornelia LeGrand Wood, Felix Clark Garner and William Henry Garner.
- She married John Ollie McCune, son of Robert D. McCune and Salome Teague, on 9 February 1908. Also, Katie's sister Carrie married John Ollie's brother Howard, and her brother George Mark married his sister Fannie..
- John Ollie McCune and Katie Bertha Wood appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, enumerated next to George and Fannie Wood, Katie's brother and John's sister.
- Her husband John Ollie McCune became a widower at her death.
- Katie Bertha Wood died on 16 May 1911 at age 17.
- She was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- Last Edited: 6 Feb 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine