James C. Teague
b. 23 July 1823, d. 2 February 1885
- Father: Joshua Teague b. 13 February 1791, d. circa 1864
- Mother: Agnes Caldwell b. circa 1792, d. between 1870 and 1880
- James C. Teague was born on 23 July 1823 in Newberry County, South Carolina.
- Joshua Teague and Agnes Caldwell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1830 in Calvert, Abbeville District, South Carolina, apparently enumerated next to Joshua's parents. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included James C. Teague, Elizabeth Teague, Elijah J. Teague and John Morgan Teague. Also in the household is one male age 80-89 who likely is Agnes' aged father James Caldwell, and male age 15-19, whose identity is not known.
- He married Olive A. McMahan, daughter of Washington C. McMahan and Delila DeArman, circa 1846.
- James C. Teague and Olive A. McMahan appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Benton (later Calhoun) County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Nancy D. Teague and Isabella Teague.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- James C. Teague and Olive A. McMahan appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in White Plains, Calhoun County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Nancy D. Teague, Isabella Teague, Washington C. Teague, Hettie Teague, John D. Teague and Stacy Scott Teague.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- James C. Teague became a widower at the between 1862 and 1865 death of his wife Olive A. McMahan.
- Calhoun County, Alabama, 24 February 1864: Appraisal of property belonging to the estate of Joshua Teague, Deceased. Returned by James C. Teague, Administrator.
- He married Margaret E. Miller on 5 March 1865 in Calhoun County, Alabama.
- Calhoun County, Alabama, 27 July 1866: Final settlement by James C. Teague, Administrator of the estate of John M. Teague, late of Calhoun County, Alabama, deceased. Heirs and distributees given as: Sarah Teague, widow, over 21 years, Calhoun County, Alabama; Josh R. Teague; Ann Teague; Elvira Teague; William Teague; John Teague (all under 21 years and reside with their mother, Sarah Teague, except J. R. Teague who resides with Mrs. Agnis Teague). (All in Calhoun County, Alabama).
- Calhoun County, Alabama, 27 July 1866: Statement for final settlement of the estate of Joshua Teague, late of Calhoun County, Alabama, deceased. Heirs and distributees given as: 1. Children of Elijah Teague, deceased (1. Elizabeth; 2. Claudius Mc Teague; 3. Sarah M. Teague; 4. Joshua Teague; 5. John M. Teague; 6. Alcey J. Teague; 7. William Teague; 8. Girl name not remembered Teague, All under 21 and living with their mother, Harriet Teague, in Randolph County, Alabama). 2. James C. Teague, Administrator of the estate of Joshua Teague. 3. Children of John M. Teague, deceased (1. Alcey A. Teague; 2. Elvira (Eleanor?) Teague; 3. William Teague; 4. John Teague; 5. Joshua Teague, All under 21 and living with their mother, Sarah Teague, and living with his grandmother, A Teague in Calhoun County). 4. T.J. Teague, Perry County, Alabama, over 21 years. 5. Elizabeth (Teague), wife of John Roades, over 21 years, Calhoun County. 6. Agnes Teague, widow of decedent, over 21 years, Calhoun County, Alabama.
- James Teague and his family have not yet been found in the 1870 census, possibly enumerated while they were en route from Alabama to Texas.
- According to family lore, Stacy Scott Teague came to Texas with her father "Andy" Teague at age twelve and settled in Grimes County where Richards is located today.
- He acquired property at Grimes County, Texas, in 1876 north of the Fairview Cemetery.
- James C. Teague and Margaret E. Miller appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Joe Hinton Teague and Lida Lee Teague.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- James C. Teague died on 2 February 1885 at age 61 in Texas.
- His wife Margaret E. Miller became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of James C. Teague and Margaret E. Miller.
- Last Edited: 29 Aug 2016
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua
Family 1: Olive A. McMahan b. circa 1831, d. between 1862 and 1865
- Nancy D. Teague b. circa 1847
- Isabella Teague b. circa 1849
- Washington C. Teague+ b. April 1852, d. between 1900 and 1910
- Hettie Teague b. circa 1854
- John D. Teague+ b. 10 June 1856, d. 3 April 1939
- Stacy Scott Teague+ b. 22 May 1859, d. 5 December 1931
- Salome Teague+ b. 22 March 1862, d. 23 January 1935
- Fannie Teague b. circa 1863
Family 2: Margaret E. Miller b. December 1841, d. 18 June 1904
- Joe Hinton Teague+ b. 15 March 1873, d. 1 May 1945
- Lida Lee Teague+ b. circa 1876, d. between 1910 and 1919