Washington C. McMahan
b. 1807, d. 9 January 1864
- Washington C. McMahan was born in 1807 in Tennessee.
- He married Delila DeArman, daughter of Jonathan DeArman and (?) Gipson, say 1830.
- Washington C. McMahan and Delila DeArman appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Benton (later Calhoun) County, Alabama, and also laborers Robert Poland and Levi Spangle.. Other members of the household included Hetty C. McMahan, Stacy E. McMahan, Ura Jane McMahan, Frances E. McMahan, Delila A. McMahan and Sarah R. McMahan.
- Benton (later Calhoun) County, Alabama, 12 August 1850: Joshua Teague gives Bond ( Amount not given) as Administrator of the estate of Elijah Teague (Senior), late of Benton County, Alabama, deceased. Elias Teague and W.C. McMahan as Securities.
- Washington C. McMahan and Delila DeArman appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Corn Grove PO, Calhoun County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Ura Jane McMahan, Frances E. McMahan, Delila A. McMahan, Sarah R. McMahan, Nancy L. McMahan and Ann J. McMahan. Also in the household were engineer J. J. Railton? (age 28) and day laborer John Parnell (18).
- He was a farmer, according to the 1860 census.
- Washington C. McMahan died on 9 January 1864 in Calhoun County, Alabama.
- His wife Delila DeArman became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 6 Nov 2013
Family: Delila DeArman b. 1809
- Olive A. McMahan+ b. circa 1831, d. between 1862 and 1865
- Mary Isabel McMahan+ b. 2 April 1833, d. 2 April 1922
- Hetty C. McMahan+ b. circa 1835
- Stacy E. McMahan+ b. circa 1838, d. between 1860 and 1869
- Ura Jane McMahan b. circa 1840
- Frances E. McMahan b. circa 1843, d. between 1870 and 1880
- Delila A. McMahan b. circa 1844
- Sarah R. McMahan b. circa 1847
- Nancy L. McMahan b. circa 1850
- Ann J. McMahan b. circa 1853