Henry Brooks Thompson
b. 25 March 1892, d. 21 April 1970
- Father: Robert Lee Thompson b. 27 March 1864, d. 31 March 1941
- Mother: Laura Shields Adams b. 12 May 1855, d. 10 February 1913
- Henry Brooks Thompson was born on 25 March 1892 in Cuba, Sumter County, Alabama, twin of John Franklin.
- Robert Lee Thompson and Laura Shields Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Amaudville, Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Henry Brooks Thompson, George Felix Thompson, Lennie Shields Thompson, John Franklin Thompson and Zealous Abraham Thompson.
- Robert Lee Thompson and Laura Shields Adams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Henry Brooks Thompson, John Franklin Thompson, Zealous Abraham Thompson, Lennie Shields Thompson, Lennie Mae Thompson and Robert Lee Thompson.
- He was working on the home farm, according to the 1910 census.
- Henry Brooks Thompson registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Opelousas, Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana, while living in Opelousas, and employed as an agent by Southern Pacific Railroad in Grosse Tete, Iberville Parish.
- He married Mary Narrow circa 1921.
- The following appeared on 14 September 1950 in The Times-Picayune: [Died] Of 6209 Cameron Blvd., on Tuesday, September 12, 1950, at 10:15 o'clock p. m., George Felix Thompson, beloved husband of Anne Odille Melancon; father of Mrs. F. J. Spahn, Curtis James and Alcide Joseph Thompson of this city; grandfather of Adrienne and Sybil Spahn and Lorraine Thompson; brother of Mrs. L. J. Muller, Frank, Henry and Zealous Thompson; aged 65 years; a native of Alabama, and a resident of this city for 57 years.
Relatives and friends of the family, also employes of Katz and Besthoff Drug Stores, American Brewing Company and Ben Wolfe Printing Company, are invited to attend the services from the funeral home of Albert E. Briede and Son, Inc., 1160 Camp street, on Thursday, September 14, 1950, at 9:30 o'clock a. m., followed by a mass at St. Raphael's church at 10 o'clock a. m.
Interment in Garden of memories, 4800 Air-Line Highway.
- Henry Brooks Thompson died on 21 April 1970 at age 78.
- He was interred at Maxie Cemetery, Maxie, Acadia Cemetery, Louisiana.
- Last Edited: 10 May 2014