Zealous Abraham Thompson
b. 7 March 1895, d. 5 November 1959
- Father: Robert Lee Thompson b. 27 March 1864, d. 31 March 1941
- Mother: Laura Shields Adams b. 12 May 1855, d. 10 February 1913
- Zealous Abraham Thompson was born on 7 March 1895 in Louisiana.
- Robert Lee Thompson and Laura Shields Adams appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Amaudville, Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Zealous Abraham Thompson, George Felix Thompson, Lennie Shields Thompson, Henry Brooks Thompson and John Franklin Thompson.
- Robert Lee Thompson and Laura Shields Adams appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included Zealous Abraham Thompson, John Franklin Thompson, Henry Brooks Thompson, Lennie Shields Thompson, Lennie Mae Thompson and Robert Lee Thompson.
- He was working on the home farm, according to the 1910 census.
- He served as a member of the Armed Guard on the SS West Hampton from 9 May 1918 to 8 January 1919.
- Zealous Abraham Thompson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Orleans Parish, Louisiana, at the Port of New Orleans.
- He was serving as a radio operator aboard the Mississippi Warrior Service Steamers on the Mississippi River.
- He was employed as manager of a gasoline filling station, according to the 1940 census.
- Zealous Abraham Thompson registered for the draft in 1942 in Jefferson County, Texas, while living in Oak Trailer Park, Port Neches, employed by R. P. Farnsworth Construction Company, Port of Embarkation, Jefferson Parish. Contact: Beulah Thompson, 8623 Zingle Street, New Orleans.
- The following appeared on 14 September 1950 in The Times-Picayune: [Died] Of 6209 Cameron Blvd., on Tuesday, September 12, 1950, at 10:15 o'clock p. m., George Felix Thompson, beloved husband of Anne Odille Melancon; father of Mrs. F. J. Spahn, Curtis James and Alcide Joseph Thompson of this city; grandfather of Adrienne and Sybil Spahn and Lorraine Thompson; brother of Mrs. L. J. Muller, Frank, Henry and Zealous Thompson; aged 65 years; a native of Alabama, and a resident of this city for 57 years.
Relatives and friends of the family, also employes of Katz and Besthoff Drug Stores, American Brewing Company and Ben Wolfe Printing Company, are invited to attend the services from the funeral home of Albert E. Briede and Son, Inc., 1160 Camp street, on Thursday, September 14, 1950, at 9:30 o'clock a. m., followed by a mass at St. Raphael's church at 10 o'clock a. m.
Interment in Garden of memories, 4800 Air-Line Highway.
- Zealous Abraham Thompson died on 5 November 1959 at age 64.
- He was interred at Myrtle Grove Cemetery, Opelousas, Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana.
- Last Edited: 11 May 2014