John Robert Brodnax
b. 1852, d. 29 August 1936
- Father: Thomas Whitaker Brodnax b. circa 16 July 1818, d. 16 July 1874
- Mother: Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau b. 28 August 1824, d. 6 January 1912
- John Robert Brodnax was born in 1852 in Louisiana.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Mansfield, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included John Robert Brodnax, Olive Anna Brodnax, Thomas Whitaker Brodnax Jr., William B. Brodnax and Susan M. Brodnax.
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax and Caroline Elizabeth Bonneau appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Mansfield PO, DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Other members of the household included John Robert Brodnax, Thomas Whitaker Brodnax Jr., William B. Brodnax, Ester Elizabeth Brodnax and Hugh Brodnax.
- He married Mary Agnes Harper circa 1873.
- John Robert Brodnax and Mary Agnes Harper appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Cotile, Rapides Parish, Louisiana, enumerated next to Mollie's brother Elmer Harper (age 47).. Other members of the household included Eugene Godfrey Brodnax, Jesse Lane Brodnax and Herbberd Otto Brodnax.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1910 census.
- John Robert Brodnax and Mary Agnes Harper appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Cotile, Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1920 census.
- John Robert Brodnax became a widower at the 23 September 1928 death of his wife Mary Agnes Harper.
- John Robert Brodnax died on 29 August 1936 in Brookeland, Sabine County, Texas, . Informant was Dr. W. L. Cooper, Brookeland.
- He was interred at Dark-Neal Cemetery, Boyce, Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
- The following appeared on 1 September 1936 in The Alexandria Town Talk: [Died] On Saturday, August 29, 1936, at 2:30 a. m. at the home of his daughter in Brookland, Tex., John R. Brodnax aged 89 year. He is survived by three daughters, Mrs. P. C. Hychembottom, Winnfield, La; Mrs. B. T. Sompayrac, Alexandria, La; Mrs. W. L. Cooper, Brookland, Tex; five sons, Eugene and Herbert of Alexandria, La; Grover, Hodge, La; Lane, Elmer, La; and Grady, Shreveport, La; two brothers, Paul, Hemphill, Tex; Whittier, Uvalde, Tex; two sisters, Mrs. Ollie Porter, Mansfield, La; and Mrs. Hess Peace, Uvalde, Tex.
Funeral services were held Sunday morning, Aug. 30, at Henderson's cemetery, Boyce, La.
- Last Edited: 8 Aug 2016
Family: Mary Agnes Harper b. circa 1857, d. 23 September 1928
- Samuel Brodnax b. circa 1874
- Eugene Godfrey Brodnax b. 3 June 1875, d. 5 April 1952
- Florence E. Brodnax b. 19 February 1877, d. 17 November 1971
- William B. Brodnax b. circa 1878
- Whitaker Brodnax b. circa 1880
- Nettie Agnes Brodnax b. 24 March 1881, d. 1 June 1955
- Jesse Lane Brodnax+ b. 30 April 1883, d. 12 July 1967
- Ida Brodnax
- Herbberd Otto Brodnax b. 4 July 1895, d. 19 July 1974