Willis Eason Wood
b. 11 August 1878, d. 12 March 1942
- Father: Charles Harris Wood b. 21 May 1848, d. 19 August 1881
- Mother: Alice Cornelia Boles b. 27 July 1855, d. 15 June 1902
- Willis Eason Wood was born on 11 August 1878 in Texas or possibly 1879.
- He was known as Eason.
- Charles Harris Wood and Alice Cornelia Boles appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Forney, Kaufman County, Texas. Other members of the household included Willis Eason Wood, William Boles Wood. Also in the household were boarders William Owens (age 17) William Hess (14), and nursing servant Harriet Young (9).
- Willis Eason Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Austin, Travis County, Texas, at 1405 Colorado a student boarding in the household of Mary Carpenter.
- He married Hannah Ross, daughter of John Clarke Ross and Maria Antonia Navarro y Chavez, circa 1904.
- Laura Ann Boles appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Dallas, Texas, at 190 Griffin and also nine additional boarders. For some reason, Willis and Hannah's daughter Mary Alice Wood, who would have been about five years old, is missing from the household.. Other members of the household included Willis Eason Wood, Powell Erwin, Edwin I. Erwin, Hal Erwin, Ross Emil Erwin, Frank Dick Erwin, Nancy Jane Powell, Hiram P. Erwin, Hannah Ross and Hannah Marguerite Wood.
- Willis Eason Wood registered for the draft on 9 September 1918 in Dallas County, Texas, while living at 288 Exline Street, Dallas, and employed as a refrigerating engineer by Garland Ice Company, nearest relative his sister Mrs. R. W. Miers, c/o Portland Cement Plant.
- Willis Eason Wood and Hannah Ross appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Dallas, Texas, at 2501 Exline Street. Other members of the household included Hannah Marguerite Wood and Tom Ross Wood.
- He was a stationary engineer, according to the 1920 census.
- Willis Eason Wood and Hannah Ross appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Dallas, Texas, at 2607 Exline Street. Other members of the household included Hannah Marguerite Wood and Tom Ross Wood.
- He was a nurseryman/florist, according to the 1930 census.
- Willis Eason Wood died on 12 March 1942 at age 63 in Dallas County, Texas, . His death was officially witnessed by Hannah Marguerite Wood.
- His wife Hannah Ross became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Dallas, Texas.
- The following appeared on 13 March 1942 in The Dallas Morning News: Eason Wood, age 63, passed away at his home, 3712 Oakland, early Thursday. Survived by wife, Mrs. Hannah Ross Wood; two daughters, Mrs. Alice Taberer, Rossville, and Mrs. Margaret Cox, Dallas; a son, Tom Wood, Albuquerque, N.M; two brothers, Frank Erwin, Newark, N.J., and Austin Erwin, Snyder, Texas; a sister, Mrs. Kitty Myers [sic], Dallas, and an aunt, Mrs. Laura Erwin, Dallas. Funeral services Friday at 4 p.m. at Colonial Baptist Church, with the Rev. John G. Moore officiating. Burial Oakland Cemetery. Arrangements Rhoton Funeral Home, Carrollton. Phone 137.
- Last Edited: 22 May 2014