Selma C. Jahnke
b. 23 February 1899, d. 4 June 1978
- Selma C. Jahnke was born on 23 February 1899.
- She married Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr., son of Karl Friedrich Papendorf and Ida Martha Plath.
- Selma C. Jahnke became a widow at the 20 October 1960 death of her husband Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr.
- Selma C. Jahnke died on 4 June 1978 at age 79.
- She was interred at Saint John's United Church of Christ Cemetery, Otto, Falls County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 21 October 2006 in the Waco Tribune-Herald: Henry W. Papendorf, 74, of Marlin, entered into rest on Friday, Oct. 20, 2006. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Adams Funeral Home Chapel in Marlin, with burial to follow in the St. Paul Cemetery. /P/ Henry was born April 16, 1932, in Otto, to Charlie and Selma Jahnke Papendorf. He was a life long resident of the Marlin, Falls County area and retired from the Texas Highway Department as a maintainer operator after 37 years of service. He loved the outdoors, and after his retirement, raised birds, Barbados sheep, Rat Terriers and Pekinese. Henry also loved to hunt and fish. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him as a friend and part of the family. /P/ Survivors include his wife, Leona [Woltman] Papendorf of Marlin; daughter, Nancy Sinclair and husband, Richard of Argyle, Texas; son, Roy Papendorf and wife, Deborah of Pflugerville, Texas; grandchildren, Andrea Papendorf and Jon Erik Papendorf; and sisters, Alice Reichle of Marlin, and Dorothy Morgan of Robinson.
- Last Edited: 29 May 2010