Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr.
b. 20 November 1894, d. 20 October 1960
- Father: Karl Friedrich Papendorf b. circa 1869, d. 20 September 1942
- Mother: Ida Martha Plath b. 16 October 1868, d. 8 December 1907
- Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr. was born on 20 November 1894 in Beelitz, Pommern, Preußen, now Bielice, Poland.
- He was known as Charlie F. Jr.
- Karl Friedrich Papendorf and Ida Martha Plath arrived in the port of Galveston on 5 October 1907, accompanied by Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr., Wilhelm Papendorf, Anna Papendorf, Emilie Papendorf, Helena Papendorf, Martha Papendorf, Albert Papendorf and Otto Papendorf aboard the Norddeutscher Lloyd SS Köln, having departed Bremen on 12 September 12th. According to the passenger manifest, their last residence wass Beelitz, and final destination Otto, Texas.
- He married Selma C. Jahnke.
- At the time of his death Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr. was living in Otto, Falls County, Texas, at Route 1.
- Karl Friedrich Papendorf Jr. died on 20 October 1960 at age 65 in Marlin, Falls County, Texas.
- His wife Selma C. Jahnke became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Saint John's United Church of Christ Cemetery, Otto, Falls County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 21 October 2006 in the Waco Tribune-Herald: Henry W. Papendorf, 74, of Marlin, entered into rest on Friday, Oct. 20, 2006. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Adams Funeral Home Chapel in Marlin, with burial to follow in the St. Paul Cemetery. /P/ Henry was born April 16, 1932, in Otto, to Charlie and Selma Jahnke Papendorf. He was a life long resident of the Marlin, Falls County area and retired from the Texas Highway Department as a maintainer operator after 37 years of service. He loved the outdoors, and after his retirement, raised birds, Barbados sheep, Rat Terriers and Pekinese. Henry also loved to hunt and fish. He will be missed by all who knew and loved him as a friend and part of the family. /P/ Survivors include his wife, Leona [Woltman] Papendorf of Marlin; daughter, Nancy Sinclair and husband, Richard of Argyle, Texas; son, Roy Papendorf and wife, Deborah of Pflugerville, Texas; grandchildren, Andrea Papendorf and Jon Erik Papendorf; and sisters, Alice Reichle of Marlin, and Dorothy Morgan of Robinson.
- Last Edited: 30 May 2010