Sarah Helen Hall
b. 11 October 1824, d. 1 June 1892
- Father: Bolling Hall b. 25 December 1767, d. 25 February 1836
- Mother: Jane Abercrombie b. 25 December 1781, d. 30 October 1841
- Sarah Helen Hall was born on 11 October 1824 in Alabama.
- She married William Jacob Sasnett, son of Joseph Richard Sasnett and Rhoda Henderson Turner, on 23 April 1841. William Jacob Sasnett's father's sister Sarah Jane Sasnett married Sarah Helen Hall's first cousin William Terrell Hall. Also, William Jacob's sister Sarah Jane married Absolom Harris, whose maternal grandfather was Dixon Hall..
- William Jacob Sasnett and Sarah Helen Hall appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Macon County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Laura Jane Sasnett, Martha E. Sasnett, William J. Sasnett, Bolling Hall Sasnett, Rhoda Eva Sasnett, Sallie Sasnett, Mary E. Sasnett and Ann Louisa Sasnett.
- Sarah Helen Hall became a widow at the 3 November 1865 death of her husband William Jacob Sasnett.
- Sarah Helen Hall appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Hancock County, Georgia. Other members of the household included William J. Sasnett, Rhoda Eva Sasnett, Mary E. Sasnett, Ann Louisa Sasnett, Bolling Hall Sasnett, Mary B. Burke, Lela M. Sasnett, W. B. Sasnett and Edward C. Sasnett.
- She was farming, according to the 1880 census.
- Sarah Helen Hall died on 1 June 1892 at age 67 in Jackson, Butts County, Georgia.
- She was interred at Sparta Cemetery, Sparta, Hancock County, Georgia.
- The following appeared on 4 June 1892 in The Macon Telegraph: (Sparta, June 3) The body of Mrs. Sarah H. Ssnett, who died in Jackson evening before last, was buried here this morning. She died in her 68th year, the widow of the late Dr. W. J. Sasnett, who was once professor in Emory College, at another time president of the college at Auburn, Ala. Mrs. Sasnett was a beautiful Christian character and a life-long, devoted and consistent member of the Methodist church. She won many fruiends while she lived in Hancock, and these, together with her large number of relatives, mourn her loss and revere her memory.
- Last Edited: 30 Mar 2013
Family: William Jacob Sasnett b. 29 April 1820, d. 3 November 1865
- Laura Jane Sasnett+ b. circa 1842, d. 1884
- Martha E. Sasnett b. circa 1844
- William J. Sasnett b. circa 1846
- Bolling Hall Sasnett+ b. 30 May 1848, d. 10 July 1903
- Rhoda Eva Sasnett b. circa 1850
- Sallie Sasnett b. circa 1854
- Mary E. Sasnett b. circa 1857
- Ann Louisa Sasnett b. circa 1859, d. 17 December 1935