Charles M. Powell
b. circa 1868, d. 28 January 1947
- Father: Peter George Powell b. 30 January 1836, d. 1 October 1912
- Mother: Henrietta Eleanor Falconer b. 18 July 1838, d. 4 November 1883
- Charles M. Powell was born circa 1868 in Alabama.
- George Francis Powell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Versailles, Woodford County, Kentucky, and also a cook and a farm hand.. Other members of the household included Charles M. Powell, Elizabeth J. Powell, Peter George Powell, Henrietta Eleanor Falconer, Bettie Powell, William Falconer Powell and Robert Michael Powell.
- Peter George Powell and Henrietta Eleanor Falconer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Versailles, Woodford County, Kentucky. Other members of the household included Charles M. Powell, Bettie Powell, Robert Michael Powell and Peter George Powell Jr.
- Charles M. Powell died on 28 January 1947 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky.
- The following appeared on 29 January 1947 in The Lexington Herald-Leader: Charles M. Powell, 79, died at 10:40 o'clock last night at his home, 372 Rose Street.
A native of Alabama, he was a son of the late Peter G. and Henrietta Falconer Powell. He had been a resident of Lexington for the past 10 years and was a member of the Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church.
Mr. Powell is survived by his wife, Mrs. Ermine Powell; a son, Charles M. Powell, Jr., California; a daughter, Mrs. Sam Cosby, El Paso, Texas; two grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
The body was removed to the A. Baker Funeral Home.
- Last Edited: 16 Jan 2011