Virginia Lee Powell
b. 21 September 1885, d. 17 November 1943
- Father: William Wood Powell b. 17 December 1852, d. 29 March 1912
- Mother: Sarah Malloy McEachin b. 13 December 1855, d. 16 July 1927
- Virginia Lee Powell was born on 21 September 1885 in Rosamond, Christian County, Illinois.
- Evelina Wood wrote (from Willis) to her grandson Wood Powell on 12 April 1887, ". . . I wish your three sweet daughters & Campbell's girls, Lina's & "Ella's little red head could see each other & become acquainted. I want Lina to send you one of "Willie's pictures recently taken. How I long to see you my dear boy and your sweet wife & children. I sometimes think Is life worth living? when kindred are so far away . . ."
Letter in private collection of B. M. Henwood, descendant of Wm Wood Powell; original transcription by R. E. Reichardt.
- William Wood Powell and Sarah Malloy McEachin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 6926 Bradley Avenue. Other members of the household included Virginia Lee Powell, Evelyn Elizabeth Powell, Mary McEachin Powell, Mildred Falconer Powell, George Powell and William Wood Powell Jr.
- She married Archibald Lamon Anderson on 29 September 1909 in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Virginia Lee Powell died on 17 November 1943 at age 58 in Georgetown, District of Columbia.
- Her husband Archibald Lamon Anderson became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Falls Church, Virginia.
- Last Edited: 10 Jul 2010
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine