Mildred Falconer Powell
b. 18 June 1887, d. April 1974
- Father: William Wood Powell b. 17 December 1852, d. 29 March 1912
- Mother: Sarah Malloy McEachin b. 13 December 1855, d. 16 July 1927
- Mildred Falconer Powell was born on 18 June 1887 in Rosamond, Christian County, Illinois.
- William Wood Powell and Sarah Malloy McEachin appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 6926 Bradley Avenue. Other members of the household included Mildred Falconer Powell, Evelyn Elizabeth Powell, Mary McEachin Powell, Virginia Lee Powell, George Powell and William Wood Powell Jr.
- William Wood Powell and Sarah Malloy McEachin appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 3949 Washington Boulevard. Other members of the household included Mildred Falconer Powell, Evelyn Elizabeth Powell, Mary McEachin Powell and George Powell.
- She married Samuel Harold Mills on 3 September 1913 in St. Louis, Missouri.
- The following appeared on 6 January 1956 in The Oregonian: George Powell, 66, widely known in Northwest shipping circles, died Wednesday at Good Samaritan hospital.
He was founder of the Oregon Pacific Steamship company and builder of the Oceanic terminals, which later became the Powell Shipping company, of which he was president. For many years he was vice consul here for The Netherlands. Queen Juliana knighted him with the Order of the Orange Nassau.
Mr. Powell was born July 5, 1889, in Pana, Ill., coming to Portland in 1917. He was a major in the transportation department of the army air corps in World War I.
During the war he was assistant Pacific coast director of the war shipping administration. He was a life member of Columbia lodge No. 114, AF&AM, St. Marks Episcopal Church and was a board member of Good Samaritan hopsital for many years. Two Daughters, Son Survive. His wife, Eleanor McClaine Powell, died in 1953. Mr. Powell lived at 1831 S. W. Park avenue.
Surviving are two daughters, Mrs. Sallie P. Kelly, Salme, and Mrs. Evelyn P. Henwood, Portland; son, George Fielding Powell, Portland; three sisters, Evelyn and Mary Powell, St. Louis, Mo., and Mrs. S. H. Mills, Denver; brother, William, St. Louis, and six grandchildren.
Services will be Saturday at 9 a. m. at St. Marks Episcopal church. The body will lie in state before then at J. P. Finley & Son. Private commitment will be at Portland Memorial.
The family has requested that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to the Damon Runyon cancer fund.
- Mildred Falconer Powell became a widow at the December 1967 death of her husband Samuel Harold Mills.
- Mildred Falconer Powell died in April 1974 at age 86 in Englewood, Arapahoe County, Colorado.
- She was interred at Fairmont Cemetery, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.
- Last Edited: 10 Jul 2010
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine