b. 5 January 1804, d. 19 September 1838
- Father: Jeremiah Neave b. 4 January 1766, d. 6 May 1824
- Mother: Elizabeth Merrefield b. 21 October 1766, d. 11 August 1831
- Sarah Neave was born on 5 January 1804 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, (residence No. 31 South 2nd Street), as recorded by the Philadelphia Monthly Meeting.
- At a Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia held 24th of 9th month 1807 . . .
A testimony in the case of Jeremiah Neave being prepared was agreed to as follows, a Copy whereof is directed to be forwarded to him by the Committee with information of his right to appeal.
"Jeremiah Neave, late of this City, who had a right of membership amongst us, became so embarrassed in his circumstances as to be unable to discharge his debts, in this situation, he secured some of his Creditors to the injury of the others, for which it became our concern to treat with him, in order to raise in his mind a just sense of the nature of such conduct; but our labours herein not having the desired effect, we testify that he hath separated himself from us, and that we no longer consider him a member of our religious society, until from a conviction of his error he become qualified to condemn the same, and seek to be restored, which is our desire."
- Jeremiah Neave and Elizabeth Merrefield appeared in the US federal census of 6 August 1810 in Lexington, Fayette County, Kentucky. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included Sarah Neave, Charles Neave. Also recorded in the household were four other children (two boys and two girls) and two slaves.
- Charles Neave appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1830 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. Other (counted but unnamed) members of the household apparently included Sarah Neave, Elizabeth Merrefield.
- She married William Vawter.
- Sarah Neave died on 19 September 1838 at age 34 in Missouri.
- Her husband William Vawter became a widower at her death.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1838 in The Cincinnati Daily Gazette: [Died] In Miami county [sic], Missouri, on the 19th ult., of congestive fever, Mrs. Sarah N. Vawter, wife of Mr. William Vawter, and youngest daughter of the late Jeremiah Neave, of this city.
- Last Edited: 22 Jul 2015