Sarah Ellen W. Moughon
b. circa 1829
- Father: William Moughon b. circa 1803, d. 30 July 1830
- Mother: Ellen Emeline Mitchell b. circa 1812, d. 30 May 1837
- Sarah Ellen W. Moughon was born circa 1829 in Georgia.
- Her name was recorded as Eliza in the 1860 census.
- John Mitchell qualified as executor of his son-in-law William Moughon and became guardian of minor Sarah Moughon, child of his daughter Ellen, until his death in 1841, at which time Alexander McDougald (husband of John Mitchell's daughter Frances) qualified as John Mitchell's executor and became guardian of Sarah Moughon.
- Alexander McDougald and Frances Lucretia Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Columbus, Muscogee County, Georgia, enumerated next to Ann Eliza Alexander McDougald, widow of Alexander's brother Daniel.. Other members of the household included Sarah Ellen W. Moughon, Sarah E. McDougald, Frances Eason McDougald and Helen McDougald.
- She married William A. T. Maddox on 9 October 1850 in New York City, New York, at Trinity Church, by Rev. John Blake.
- William A. T. Maddox and Sarah Ellen W. Moughon appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, and two female domestic servants.. Other members of the household included Ella Maddox, William Maddox and Kate Maddox.
- Last Edited: 30 Apr 2009