William A. T. Maddox
b. circa 1814, d. 1 January 1889
- William A. T. Maddox was born circa 1814 in Charles County, Maryland.
- He married Sarah Ellen W. Moughon, daughter of William Moughon and Ellen Emeline Mitchell, on 9 October 1850 in New York City, New York, at Trinity Church, by Rev. John Blake.
- The following appeared in a New York City newspaper: Married - At Trinity Church, this city, on Wednesday morning, Oct. 9, by the Rev. John Blake, chaplain U.S.N., Captain W.A.T. Maddox, of the U.S. Marine Corps, to Miss Sarah E.W. Moughon, daughter of the late William Moughon, of Columbus, Ga.
- William A. T. Maddox and Sarah Ellen W. Moughon appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, and two female domestic servants.. Other members of the household included Ella Maddox, William Maddox and Kate Maddox.
- He was Assistant Quartermaster, US Marine Corps, according to the 1860 census.
- William A. T. Maddox appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, with two household servants, and also John Maddox, age 54, who probably was William's brother.. Other members of the household included Ella Maddox, William Maddox, Kate Maddox and Frances Maddox.
- He was a captain in the US Navy, according to the 1870 census.
- William A. T. Maddox died on 1 January 1889 in Washington, District of Columbia.
- Last Edited: 25 Feb 2009