b. 24 December 1912, d. 10 December 1951
- Father: William Weston Davis b. 23 August 1863, d. 25 March 1937
- Mother: Lou Anna Ward b. circa 1874, d. 29 January 1958
- Albert Davis was born on 24 December 1912 in Denton County, Texas.
- William Weston Davis and Lou Anna Ward appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Denton, Denton County, Texas, at 23 East Prairie Street. Other members of the household included Albert Davis, Whitten Ward Davis and Jarrell Weston Davis.
- William Weston Davis and Lou Anna Ward appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Denton, Denton County, Texas, at 214 East Prairie Street. Other members of the household included Albert Davis, Jarrell Weston Davis.
- The following appeared on 4 April 1930 in the Denton Record-Chronicle: (Beulah, Apr. 2) Mr. and Mrs. Albert Davis of Fort Worth visited W. A. Bounds.
- He was employed at delivery for an ice company, according to the 1930 census.
- The following appeared on 25 March 1937 in the Denton Record-Chronicle: William Weston Davis, 73, died at his home, 214 East Prairie Street, at 2:10 p. m. Thursday. He is survived by his wife and three sons, Whitten, Jarrell and Albert, all at home. Funeral plans are not complete.
- Jarrell Weston Davis appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Denton, Denton County, Texas, at 1828-1/2 Monroe Street. Other members of the household included Albert Davis. In 1935, Jarrell, Madeg and Albert all were living in Denton, Texas.
- He married Mary Ann Rabalais on 15 April 1940 in Alexandria, Rapides Parish, Louisiana, and they later divorced.
- He was empoyed as a delivery man by a retail dairy, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 14 May 1940 in The Denton Record-Chronicle: Albert Davis, son of Mrs. Williamw. Davis of Pineville, La., and Miss Mary Ann Rabalais, daughter of Mrs. and Mrs. George J. Rabalais of Alexandria, were married April 15 in Alexandria. The couple will make their home in Alexandria. Davis was born and reared in Denton and since her husband's death his mother has been making her home in Pineville with Mr. and Mrs. Whitten W. Davis.
- Albert Davis registered for the draft on 16 October 1940 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana, while living with his wife Mary Ann at 1116 Madison in Alexandria, and employed there by Blue Ribbon Dairy at Jackson & 9th Street.
- He served from 27 September 1943 to 8 December 1945 in the US Navy as a motor machine mate 3-C.
- At the time of his death Albert Davis was living in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 5814 Humble Road.
- Albert Davis died on 10 December 1951 at age 38 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at the VA Hospital.
- He was interred at Greenwood Memorial Park Cemetery, Pineville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana. On 9 September 1953 his brother Whitten Davis applied for a military grave marker, commemorating Albert's service in the US Navy.
- The following appeared on 11 December 1951 in the Alexandria Town Talk: Albert Davis died at 11:20 a. m. yesterday, December 10, 1951 in a Houston, Texas hospital. He is survived by one daughter, Theresa Ann Davis; two brothers, W. W. Davis of Pineville and J. W. Davis of Dallas, and his mothr, Mrs. L. A. Davis of Pineville.
The remains will arrive at 6:05 p. m. today on the Missouri Pacific railroad. Funeral service will be at 10 a. m. tomorrow, December 12, 1951 in Hixson Brothers Chapel.
- The following appeared on 11 December 1951 in The Denton Record-Chronicle: Word has been received in Denton of the death of Albert Davis, 39, former resident here. Davis died Monday morning in the veterans hospital in Houston.
Funeral services were to be held this after in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Pineville, La.
. He was the son of the late W. W. Davis, who lived in Denton for many years. Albert was born and reared here and worked for a local ice company until he went to Louisiana about 10 years ago.
He is survived by a daughter, Theresa Ann, 9, his mother, and two brothers, Whitten W. Davis of Pineville, and Jarrell Davis of Dallas.
- Last Edited: 1 Aug 2016