Charlotte Harrington Harrall
b. July 1893, d. 4 November 1965
- Father: Lemuel Drake Harrall b. 13 January 1854, d. 22 December 1913
- Mother: Charlotte Powe Harrington b. 12 December 1856, d. 13 September 1936
- Charlotte Harrington Harrall was born in July 1893 in South Carolina.
- She was known as Lottie.
- Lemuel Drake Harrall and Charlotte Powe Harrington appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina. Other members of the household included Charlotte Harrington Harrall, Henry Harrington Harrall, Alexander P. Harrall, Annie Laurie Harrall and James Pressley Harrall.
- The following appeared on 3 July 1911 in The State: (Ruby, July 2) A number of visitors have been here during the week. A house party brought together a number of young ladies and gentlemen. Rev. and Mrs. J. Millard have had as their guests for the week Miss Maggie B. Turner of Winnsboro, Miss Marion Frazier of Blairs and Miss Walker Reedy of Clio. Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Huntley entertained their attractive cousins, Misses Claire and Ella Sellers of Cheraw. Mr. and Mrs. H. H. Harrall had as their guests Miss Laura and Lottie Harral of Cheraw, J. S. McGregor was the host of G. K. Craig of Waesboro, Alex. Harrall of Cheraw and Mr. Green of Lancaster. . . .
- The following appeared on 27 December 1913 in The State: (Cheraw, Dec. 26) Lemuel D. Harrall died Tuesday morning at the Florence hospital, and was buried Wednesday afternoon in St. David’s churchyard. He had been in failing health more than a year, though at different times he was able to go out and attend to his business. For many years Mr. Harrall was a prominent figure in business circles here, as a merchant and cotton buyer, and he was also, until his health failed, long the clerk and treasurer of Cheraw and was an efficient and popular official.
Mr. Harrall was about 57 years old. He married Miss Lottie Harrington, daughter of the late Henry W. Harrington. He is survived by his wife, three sons, Henry Harrall of Ruby, Alex Har[r]all and James Har[r]all of Cheraw and two daughters, Misses Laurie and Lottie of Cheraw. There are also surviving him three brothers, Walter Harrall of Norfolk, Va., Thomas P. Harrall and Henry W. Harrall of Cheraw, and one sister, Mrs. Mary H. Reid of Washington.
- She married William Prentiss Walker on 12 April 1917 in Cheraw, Chesterfield County, South Carolina, at St. David's Church.
- The following appeared on 15 April 1917 in The State: (Cheraw, April 14) Mrs. Lemuel Drake Harrall announces the marriage of her daughter, Charlotte Harrington, to William Prentiss Walker, on Thursday, april 12, St. David's church, Cheraw.
At home after April 25 at Timmonsville.
- Charlotte Harrington Harrall became a widow at the 16 May 1959 death of her husband William Prentiss Walker.
- Charlotte Harrington Harrall died on 4 November 1965 at age 72 in Richland County, South Carolina.
- She was interred at Greenlawn Memorial Gardens, Spartanburg, Spartanburg County, South Carolina.
- Last Edited: 12 Apr 2016