Walter Andrew Isaacks
b. circa 6 January 1885, d. 14 May 1962
- Walter Andrew Isaacks was born circa 6 January 1885 in Texas.
- He married Tennye Haynie, daughter of William H. Haynie and Laura Ellen Hair, on 12 February 1908 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Laura Ellen Hair appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas, at 1402 Chestnut Street. Other members of the household included Walter Andrew Isaacks, William Herbert Haynie, Tennye Haynie and Andrew Haynie Isaacks.
- He was a timber estimator, according to the 1910 census.
- Walter Andrew Isaacks registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Lampasas County, Texas, while living with his wife Tennye in Lampasas, employed there by the WF & JF Barnes Lumber Company.
- Walter Andrew Isaacks registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Lampasas County, Texas, while living with his wife Tennessee in Lampasas.
- Walter Andrew Isaacks and Tennye Haynie appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas. Other members of the household included Andrew Haynie Isaacks, Dwight William Isaacks and Melva Isaacks.
- He was employed by a lumber yard, according to the 1920 census.
- He married Eunice Commagere on 16 April 1929 in New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, at the priest-house of St. Rose de Lima, with the Rev. Father Pendergras officiating.
- The following appeared on 21 April 1929 in The Times-Picayune: The marriage of Miss Eunice Commagere and Mr. Walter A. Isaacks was celebrated Tuesday morning at 8 o'clock at the priest-house of St. Rose de Lima, Rev. Father Pendergras officiating.
Only near relatives and friends were among the wedding guests. The bride was very pretty in a dress of tan cloth with a picture hat and tan accessories.
Miss Commagere had as her maid of honor Miss Eugenia Rhodes, and Mr. Alfred Soniat was Mr. Isaacks' best man.
After a wedding breakfast given her by Mrs. Margaret Gadsden, they left for a trip through the Southern states, including Mississippi, Tennessee, North and South Carolina and Florida. On their return they will be at home at 1754 Paul Morphy street.
Miss Commagere was much feted before her marriage. She was the recipient of many showers and parties given in her honor.
- Walter Andrew Isaacks became a widower at the 2 October 1957 death of his wife Eunice Commagere.
- Walter Andrew Isaacks died on 14 May 1962.
- He was interred at Cleveland City Cemetery, Cleveland, Liberty County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 16 May 1962 in The Times-Picayune: [Died] On Monday May 14, 1962, at 3:10 o'clock p. m., Walter A. Isaacks; husband of the late Eunice Commagere; father of Mrs. A. L. Fuchs of Brenham, Texas, Dwight and Andrew H. Isaacks of Houston, Texas; brother of Mrs. Ava Jane Cuse and Mrs. Erie Cohen of Cleveland, Texas; also survived by 6 grandchildren.
Relatives and friends of the family, also officers and members of Saratoga Lodge No. 546 of Lampasas, Texas, and Louisiana Relief Lodge No. 1 of New Orleans, La., Grand Consistory of La. A and ASRM and Jerusalem Temple Changers AAONMS and member of the Hardware Club, are invited to attend the funeral.
Services from the home of Tharp-Sontheimer-Tharp Inc., 4127 S. Claiborne Ave., (parking entrance on Milan street) on Wednesday afternoon, May 16, 1962, at 1:30 o'clock, Rose Croix services at the Scottish Rite Temple, 619 Carondelet St., at 2 o'clock.
Interment in Cleveland, Texas.
- Last Edited: 25 Oct 2011