William Herbert Haynie
b. 18 January 1893, d. 17 July 1967
- Father: William H. Haynie b. October 1857, d. 1907
- Mother: Laura Ellen Hair b. 27 December 1861, d. 6 July 1968
- William Herbert Haynie was born on 18 January 1893 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
- William H. Haynie and Laura Ellen Hair appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Herbert Haynie, Tennye Haynie and Imogene C. Haynie.
- Laura Ellen Hair appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas, at 1402 Chestnut Street. Other members of the household included William Herbert Haynie, Tennye Haynie, Walter Andrew Isaacks and Andrew Haynie Isaacks.
- William Herbert Haynie registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Cook County, Illinois, while single and living at 217 East Ontario in Chicago, employed as an engineer by Western Electric Company in Hawthorne.
- He married Ruby C. (?) circa 1922.
- William Herbert Haynie and Ruby C. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Oak Park, Cook County, Illinois, at 111 Humphrey Avenue.
- He was self-employed as a manufacturer, according to the 1930 census.
- William Herbert Haynie registered for the draft in 1942 in DuPage County, Illinois, while living with his wife Ruby at 407 Cottage Hill in Elmhurst, and employed as secretary-treasurer of The Blind Weavers Partnership, Chicago Chenille Rug Mills, Inc., at 2309 South Keeler in Chicago.
- The SSDI lists Woodruff, Oneida County, Wisconsin, as the last residence of record of William Herbert Haynie.
- William Herbert Haynie died on 17 July 1967 at age 74 in Woodruff, Oneida County, Wisconsin.
- His wife Ruby C. (?) became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 20 July 1967 in the Gilmer Mirror: W. H. Haynie. W. H. Haynie, uncle of Mrs. Harry Aldredge and son of Mrs. Laura Haynie of Gilmer, died Monday in Woodruff, Wisconsin. Services were scheduled there Thursday.
He had visited here on a number of occasions. Surviving are his wife, a daughter and three grandchildren.
- Last Edited: 29 Dec 2012