Maude E. Wooldridge
b. 27 November 1868, d. 17 July 1944
- Father: Samuel Dunbar Wooldridge b. 21 September 1823, d. 18 May 1890
- Mother: Catherine Elizabeth McCan b. 13 January 1830, d. 8 June 1928
- Maude E. Wooldridge was born on 27 November 1868 in Danville, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Samuel Dunbar Wooldridge and Catherine Elizabeth McCan appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Danville, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Maude E. Wooldridge, Edmond Daniel Thomas Wooldridge and John Houston Dunbar Wooldridge. Also in the household was a domestic servant and her family.
- Samuel Dunbar Wooldridge and John Dickey appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Willis, Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included Maude E. Wooldridge, John Houston Dunbar Wooldridge. Also in the household was Kate Karber, age 6, identified as a niece, and one female domestic servant.
- Evelina Wood wrote from Willis, Texas, to her grandson Wood Powell in Christian County, Illinois on 12 April 1887, ". . . Ella is assisting Mrs. Woolridge in preparing for Maud's wedding (the only daughter) She marries on the 14, next Thursday night. A Mr. Watson who stands well in Willis. he is a dry goods clerk in T. W. Smith's store. Ella assisted in making ten large cakes yesterday & they are finishing them this morning. Ella’s afternoon will be devoted to icing & embossing them. she had several cakes baked here & will prepare some of the meats in her kitchen. Mrs. W. knows very little about such things. . . . Billie & Josie will be in to the wedding. Dr. W. lives across the street from us. I expect to witness the ceremony. . . ."
Letter in private collection of B. M. Henwood, descendant of Wm Wood Powell; original transcription by R. E. Reichardt. Minimal punctuation added to enhance readability.
- She married James Marlin Watson on 14 April 1887 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- She married James B. McMahon.
- Maude E. Wooldridge died on 17 July 1944 at age 75 in Borger, Hutchinson County, Texas, at North Plains Hospital . Her death was officially witnessed by Samuel M. Watson.
- Last Edited: 4 Jun 2011
Family 1: James Marlin Watson b. say 1868
- Samuel M. Watson b. circa 1888