Arthur Taber Adams
b. 29 June 1909, d. 24 June 1994
- Father: Powell Orgain Adams b. 3 July 1869, d. 4 March 1943
- Mother: Mary Laurence Taber b. 1 February 1880, d. 17 February 1965
- Arthur Taber Adams was born on 29 June 1909 in Cameron, Milam County, Texas.
- Powell Orgain Adams and Mary Laurence Taber appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Cameron, Milam County, Texas, at Roberts Street Also living in the household were boarders Mattie and Minnie Edwards.. Other members of the household included Arthur Taber Adams, Marcellus Powell Adams, Walter Brooks Adams, Alice Louise Adams and Mary Elizabeth Adams.
- Powell Orgain Adams and Mary Laurence Taber appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Cameron, Milam County, Texas, at East Fifteenth Street. Other members of the household included Arthur Taber Adams, Marcellus Powell Adams, Walter Brooks Adams, Alice Louise Adams, Mary Elizabeth Adams and George Felix Adams.
- The following appeared on 2 June 1927 in The Cameron Herald: Following the graduation exercises at Yoe High School Monday evening, Mrs. P. O. Adams entertained members of the class and guests with a delightful party honoring her son, Arthur Adams, who had the distinction of being class president the past year. The house was beautifully decorated in sweet peas and zinnias in the class colors, pink and lavender. Upon entering, each member wrote a wish in Arthur's memory book. Misses Harriett Flinnand Dorothy Denson presided at the punch bowl. Members of the junior class assisted Mrs. Adams in entertaining. Games and dancing afforded amusement throughout the evening.
- Powell Orgain Adams and Mary Laurence Taber appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at 2825 Morrow Avenue. Other members of the household included Arthur Taber Adams, Mary Elizabeth Adams and George Felix Adams. Also in the household was roomer Kenneth Wiley.
- He was employed as a filling station attendant, according to the 1930 census.
- He married Martha Lorraine Moser, daughter of Ernest O. Moser and Roxie A. Dobbins, say 1935.
- Arthur Taber Adams and Martha Lorraine Moser appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas, at 528 Cleveland.
- He was employed as a salesman by American Tobacco Company, according to the 1940 census.
- The following appeared on 11 March 1943 in The Cameron Herald: P. O. Adams, 70, former business man here, died at his home in Waco from a heart stroke late Thursday.
Funeral Services were held at 3pm from the Methodist Church in Cameron Friday with the Rev. Bob L. Pool, Pastor conducting the services. Interment was had in Oak Hill Cemetery with the Green Funeral Home directing arrangements.
Mr. Adams is survived by his widow and 5 children. Three sons are Jack Adams, Arthur Adams, and George Adams. Two daughters are Elizabeth and Louise. The family of children were reared in Cameron.
Mr. Adams at one time was engaged in business here. About 20 years ago he was owner of a wholesale knitting goods business in Cameron. He left this city about 13 years ago.
Mr. Adams was a civic leader here and much of the progress of the city in those days can be traced to his energy and foresight. He was a member of the Methodist Church and many old time friends here are deeply affected by his death.
- The following appeared on 2 August 1953 in The Waco News-Tribune: Miss Sharon Daly has chosen her cousin Miss Marcia Adams of Lampasas her maid of honor when she becomes the bride of James Mansfield, in Austin Avenue Methodist Church Saturday evening.
Bridesmaids will be Miss Julie LeBlanc and Miss Ann Park Mayfield. Flower girls will be
Mimi Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
George Adams, and Linda Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. T. Adams of Chicago, Ill.
J. M. Mansfield of Austin will be his son's best man. Attendants to the bridegroom will be Clint Blackmon Jr., of Fort Worth and Tommy Witt of Austin. Ushers will be John Mace Adams of Dallas, Eddy Morris of Austin and John D. Mayfield III. A. T. Adams of Chicago will give his niece in marriage.
Wedding music will be by Tommy Stewart, soloist accompanied by Mrs, Fred Smith, organist. Rev. J. B. Holt of Abilene, former assistant pastor of Austin Avenue Church, will assist Dr. G. Alfred Brown, celebrant.
Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Mansfield, parents of the bridegroom will be hosts for dinner Friday evening following the wedding rehearsal.
- The following appeared on 7 August 1953 in The Waco News-Tribune: Among the out-of-town guests who will arrive to attend the wedding of Miss Sharon Daly and James Thomas Mansfield Saturday, 8 p. m., are Dr. and Mrs. Guy Witt and Mr. and Mrs. John Mace Adams, all of Dallas.
Other out-of-town guests include the uncle and aunt of the bride, Mr. and Mrs. Arthur T. Adamss of Chicago, and daughter Linda; Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Witt of Houston; Mr. and Mrs. Clint Blackmon of Fort Worth; Mr. and Mrs. M. P. Adams and daughter Marcia of Lampasas; Miss Elizabeth Adams, Mrs. Lila Bessonette, Mr. and Mrs. Barney Mansfield all of San Antonio; Miss Nancy Moffett of Dilly; Miss Virginia Dare Smith, Messrs. and Mesdames John Ward, Roy Byrd all of Austin; Mr. and Mrs. Dabney Biggers of Abilene, Mr. and Mrs. J. Eber Flinn of Cameron.
Wedding rehearsal will take place Friday evening in Austin Avenue Methodist Church at 7 p. m. Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Mansfield of Austin, parents of the bridegroom, will be hosts for dinner following the rehearsal at the home of the bride's mother, Mrs. Louise A. Daly, 1308 North Fifteenth Street.
- He officially witnessed the death of George Felix Adams on 1 June 1974 at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
- Arthur Taber Adams died on 24 June 1994 at age 84 in Dallas County, Texas.
- His wife Martha Lorraine Moser became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 10 Jan 2016