John Mace Adams
b. 5 September 1926, d. 15 October 1998
- Father: Marcellus Powell Adams b. 14 August 1898, d. 26 December 1974
- Mother: Bernice Elizabeth Mace b. 18 September 1901, d. 8 June 1990
- John Mace Adams was born on 5 September 1926 in Waco, McLennan County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 27 December 1928 in The Cameron Herald: Mr. and Mrs. P. O. Adams had as their guests during the holidays their daughter and her husband, Mr. and Mrs. H. H. Daly of Houston, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Adams and baby of Lampasas, Walter Adams of San Antonio and Miss Elizabeth Adams, who teaches at the Oklahoma School near Gause.
- Marcellus Powell Adams and Bernice Elizabeth Mace appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas. Other members of the household included John Mace Adams.
- Marcellus Powell Adams and Bernice Elizabeth Mace appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Lampasas, Lampasas County, Texas, at Third Street. Other members of the household included John Mace Adams.
- The following appeared on 2 August 1953 in The Waco News-Tribune: Miss Sharon Daly has chosen her cousin Miss Marcia Adams of Lampasas her maid of honor when she becomes the bride of James Mansfield, in Austin Avenue Methodist Church Saturday evening.
Bridesmaids will be Miss Julie LeBlanc and Miss Ann Park Mayfield. Flower girls will be
Mimi Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs.
George Adams, and Linda Adams, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. T. Adams of Chicago, Ill.
J. M. Mansfield of Austin will be his son's best man. Attendants to the bridegroom will be Clint Blackmon Jr., of Fort Worth and Tommy Witt of Austin. Ushers will be John Mace Adams of Dallas, Eddy Morris of Austin and John D. Mayfield III. A. T. Adams of Chicago will give his niece in marriage.
Wedding music will be by Tommy Stewart, soloist accompanied by Mrs, Fred Smith, organist. Rev. J. B. Holt of Abilene, former assistant pastor of Austin Avenue Church, will assist Dr. G. Alfred Brown, celebrant.
Mr. and Mrs. J. M. Mansfield, parents of the bridegroom will be hosts for dinner Friday evening following the wedding rehearsal.
- He officially witnessed the death of Brian Lee Adams on 26 July 1955 at Florence Nightingale Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
- John Mace Adams died on 15 October 1998 at age 72 in Dallas County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 10 Jan 2016