Edna Mae Pickett
b. 18 September 1910, d. 13 June 1959
- Father: Milton Matthews Pickett b. 13 December 1880, d. 13 November 1953
- Mother: Edna Pauline Hardy b. 23 January 1883, d. 3 January 1962
- Edna Mae Pickett was born on 18 September 1910 in Texas.
- She married Sam Madeley Wood, son of Langston Goree Wood and Annie Agnes Madeley.
- Martha Parrylee Roan appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas, at 1004 Washington Street. Other members of the household included Edna Mae Pickett, Edna Pauline Hardy and Milton Matthews Pickett. Also in the household were one lodger and a female domestic servant.
- The following appeared on 4 October 1939 in The Bryan Eagle: In an all-day meeting Tuesday, at the First Presbyterian church a district conference of the Brazos Presbyterial was held with the local Women's Society as host.
Mrs. Sam Wood of Navasota, district chairman, called the meeting to order promptly at ten o'clock, and advance registrations showed 80 visiting women present. Mrs. Percy Terrell of Navasota, district secretary, was a the desk. The opening of the program by Mrs. Wood was followed by a devotional period, with scripture reading and prayer, also led by Mrs. Wood.
Among the special speakers of the morning were Mrs. C. S. Harrington of Houston, Presbyterial chairman, who brought an informing message on the Madrais conference. Miss elizabeth Glasscock, religious educational director of the conference, also from Houston, made an address.
Rev. Norman Anderson of the Presbyterian church at College Station, was present and told the group about the needs of the Presbyterian congration at College Station for a church building in which to worship. Rev. Anderson was listened to with great interest.
At the noon hour, a luncheon was served for 76 visiting Presbyterian women at the La Salle hotel, with the local Presbyterial as hosts.
A short afternoon session was held after luncheon, and at 2 p.m. the meeting was adjourned.
- Sam Madeley Wood and Edna Mae Pickett appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Wharton, Wharton County, Texas, at 701 Speed Street. Other members of the household included Sam Madeley Wood Jr., Carolyn Wood and James Hardy Wood. In 1935 the family was living in Grimes County.
- Her husband Sam Madeley Wood became a widower at her death.
- Edna Mae Pickett died on 13 June 1959 at age 48.
- She was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 9 Sep 2016