b. 26 September 1937, d. 29 December 2008
- Father: Sam Madeley Wood b. 24 November 1910, d. 4 September 1994
- Mother: Edna Mae Pickett b. 18 September 1910, d. 13 June 1959
- Carolyn Wood was born on 26 September 1937 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Sam Madeley Wood and Edna Mae Pickett appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Wharton, Wharton County, Texas, at 701 Speed Street. Other members of the household included Carolyn Wood, Sam Madeley Wood Jr. and James Hardy Wood. In 1935 the family was living in Grimes County.
- At the time of her death Carolyn Wood was living in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas.
- Carolyn Wood died on 29 December 2008 at age 71.
- She was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 29 December 2008 in The Courier: Ms. Carolyn Wood, 71, of Conroe, passed away Monday, December 29, 2008. Visitation is set for Tuesday, December 30th at Nobles Funeral Chapel with family present at 5 p.m. A graveside service will be held Wednesday at 11 a.m. in Oakland Cemetery followed by a church service at the First Presbyterian Church at 12 p.m. with Rev. Craig Sanders officiating.
Carolyn Wood was born, Sunday, September 26, 1937 in Navasota, to Sam Madeley & Edna Mae (Pickett) Wood. She spent most of her life working an as an accountant in the oil field industry.
Carolyn is preceded in death by her parents.
She is survived by her brothers & sisters-in-law, Sam & Peggy Wood & Hardy & Shirley Wood; 2 Nieces; 3 Nephews; 5 Great Nieces; & 6 Great Nephews.
- Last Edited: 27 Jan 2014