b. 31 August 1874, d. 25 June 1966
- Father: William Weber b. March 1849, d. circa 6 July 1900
- Mother: Margaret Stahle b. circa 10 September 1854, d. 15 August 1912
- Emma Weber was born on 31 August 1874 in Niagara, Lincoln County, Ontario, Canada.
- William Weber and Margaret Stahle appeared in the 4 April 1881 census of Canada in Niagara Town, Lincoln County, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Emma Weber, Leila Christina Weber, Helena Weber, William Weber and Frederick S. Weber.
- William Weber and Margaret Stahle appeared in the New York state census of 16 February 1892 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Emma Weber, Leila Christina Weber, William Weber, Frederick S. Weber, Charles August Weber, Viola Margaret Weber and Mollie Elizabeth Weber.
- William Weber and Margaret Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Emma Weber, Leila Christina Weber, Charles August Weber, Viola Margaret Weber and Mollie Elizabeth Weber.
- She was working in a box factory, according the 1900 census.
- She married James Somerville Ross II.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- The following appeared on 15 August 1912 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] In this city, Thursday, August 15, 1912, Mrs. Margaret Weber, aged 57 years, 5 months, 11 days, at the family residence, 729 Willow avenue. She is survived by four daughters, Emma of Brooklyn, N. Y; Leila, Viola and Mollie, all of this city; two sons, Frederick of Buffalo, N. Y., and Charles of this city. Funeral will be held from the residence Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock and from the German Zion Lutheran Church at 2:30 o'clock, the Rev. Mr. Brezing officiating. Burial Oakwood Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 20 March 1929 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In Kenmore, N. Y., March 19, 1929, Frederick S., beloved husband of Mathilda Bremer Weber; father of Grace Alma Weber; brother of Charles A., Leila C. Weber, Mrs. J. Ross, Mrs. M. Greenwald, Mrs. E. Lammert of Niagara Falls, N. Y. Funeral from the family residence, 150 Somerton avenue, Kenmore, N. Y., Friday afternoon at 2:30. Friends are invited to attend. Deceased was a member of Silver Lodge, No. 757, F. & A. M. of Silver Creek, N. Y. Burial under the auspices of Silver Lodge, F. & A. M.
- Emma Weber became a widow at the 22 June 1943 death of her husband James Somerville Ross II.
- The following appeared on 22 June 1943 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: James S. Ross, 81 years old, of 729 Willow avenue, died at his home at 3:15 o'clock this morning. He had been ill for six months and suffered a heart attack on May 31.
Born in Leith, Ont., Mr. Ross came here from California 50 years ago. At one time he was employed by the American Sales Book company and later was engaged as a gardener.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Emma Ross, a son, Corporal Robert W. Ross, of Drew Field, Tampa, Fla; three daughters, Mrs. John Andrews, Mrs. Clifford Andrews and Mrs. Leo Samuels, all of this city; a sister, Mrs. Mary Burns, of Maroneck, [sic] N. Y. and eight grandchildren.
Private funeral services will be held at the Gridley funeral home tomorrow, with the Rev. Galbraith Hall Todd officiating.
- The following appeared on 28 September 1953 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] At Memorial Hospital, Sept. 28, 1953, Charles A. Weber of 4939 Rapids Blvd., father of Charles T. Weber, brother of Leila Weber, Emma Weber Ross, Viola Weber Greenwald and Molly Weber Lammerts. Funeral from the residence, Thursday morning at 9 o'clock and at St. Theresa's Church at 9:30. Interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 3 December 1963 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Miss Leila C. Weber, 90, a descendant of a pioneer family in Niagara Falls, died Monday (Dec. 2, 1963) at the home of her sister, Mrs. Emma Ross, 729 Willow Ave., where she resided.
She was born in Youngstown and lived in this area all of her life.
Her grandparents came from Germany and settled in Niagara Falls during the early 1800's. They were charter members of Zion Lutheran Church.
In addition to Mrs. Ross, two other sisters survive. They are Mrs. Viola Greenwald, and Mrs. Mollie Lammerts, both of Niagara Falls.
The funeral service will be conducted Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the Otto Redanz Funeral home, by Rev. Paul Swank, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
- Emma Weber died on 25 June 1966 at age 91 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Memorial Hospital.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1966 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Emma (Weber) Ross, 91, of 729 Willow Ave., died today (June 25, 1966) in Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
She was born at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., and lived in this city for the last 88 years.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church.
She was the widow of the late James S. Ross, who died in 1943. She is survived by one son, Robert W. Ross, this city, and three daughters, Mrs. Leo (Ruth) Samuels, this city; Mrs. Clifford (Jessie) Andrews, Sanborn, and Mrs. John (Margaret) Andrews of Warsaw, N. Y.
Two sisters, Mrs. Edwin Lammerts and Mrs. Max Greenwald, both of this city; eight grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren also survive.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 3 p.m. at the Redanz Funeral Home. Rev. Paul R. Swank, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, will officiate.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
The family will be present from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
- Last Edited: 10 Feb 2014
Family: James Somerville Ross II b. 11 March 1862, d. 1943
- Ruth Ross
- Robert Weber Ross b. 10 June 1907, d. 15 September 1970
- Jessie Ross
- Margaret Wilson Ross+ b. 10 March 1909, d. 16 August 2003