Robert Weber Ross
b. 10 June 1907, d. 15 September 1970
- Father: James Somerville Ross II b. 11 March 1862, d. 1943
- Mother: Emma Weber b. 31 August 1874, d. 25 June 1966
- Robert Weber Ross was born on 10 June 1907 in New York.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- The following appeared on 22 June 1943 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: James S. Ross, 81 years old, of 729 Willow avenue, died at his home at 3:15 o'clock this morning. He had been ill for six months and suffered a heart attack on May 31.
Born in Leith, Ont., Mr. Ross came here from California 50 years ago. At one time he was employed by the American Sales Book company and later was engaged as a gardener.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Emma Ross, a son, Corporal Robert W. Ross, of Drew Field, Tampa, Fla; three daughters, Mrs. John Andrews, Mrs. Clifford Andrews and Mrs. Leo Samuels, all of this city; a sister, Mrs. Mary Burns, of Maroneck, [sic] N. Y. and eight grandchildren.
Private funeral services will be held at the Gridley funeral home tomorrow, with the Rev. Galbraith Hall Todd officiating.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1966 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Emma (Weber) Ross, 91, of 729 Willow Ave., died today (June 25, 1966) in Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
She was born at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., and lived in this city for the last 88 years.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church.
She was the widow of the late James S. Ross, who died in 1943. She is survived by one son, Robert W. Ross, this city, and three daughters, Mrs. Leo (Ruth) Samuels, this city; Mrs. Clifford (Jessie) Andrews, Sanborn, and Mrs. John (Margaret) Andrews of Warsaw, N. Y.
Two sisters, Mrs. Edwin Lammerts and Mrs. Max Greenwald, both of this city; eight grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren also survive.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 3 p.m. at the Redanz Funeral Home. Rev. Paul R. Swank, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, will officiate.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
The family will be present from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
- Robert Weber Ross died on 15 September 1970 at age 63 in Niagara County, New York.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- Last Edited: 11 Feb 2014