Viola Margaret Weber
b. 22 September 1887, d. April 1990
- Father: William Weber b. March 1849, d. circa 6 July 1900
- Mother: Margaret Stahle b. circa 10 September 1854, d. 15 August 1912
- Viola Margaret Weber was born on 22 September 1887 in New York.
- William Weber and Margaret Stahle appeared in the New York state census of 16 February 1892 in Niagara, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Viola Margaret Weber, Leila Christina Weber, Emma Weber, William Weber, Frederick S. Weber, Charles August Weber and Mollie Elizabeth Weber.
- She was baptized/christened on 23 December 1894 at Zion Lutheran Church in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- William Weber and Margaret Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Viola Margaret Weber, Leila Christina Weber, Emma Weber, Charles August Weber and Mollie Elizabeth Weber.
- The following appeared on 9 October 1908 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: A very pleasant gathering was that at the home of Mrs. Margaret Weber of Willow avenue, on Wednesday, when occurred the reunion of the family of Mrs. Ursula Stahle. The only drawback of the full enjoyment of the occasion was the absence of two of Mrs. Stahle's sons, the eldest, Mr. Conrad Stahle of Cleveland avenue, being seriously ill. The house was beautifully decorated with ferns and flowers, the color scheme throughout the entire house being red and green. The time passed most pleasantly in meeting and greeting relatives and friends, old and new, many of whom met for the first time. A most bountiful dinner was served, after which Mrs. Daniel Behe sang several beautiful solos, and Miss Ursula Stahle rendered some instrumental music. Among the out-of-town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. James Hollenbeck and daughter Hazel, of Lockport; Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Behe, of Gasport; Mrs. Herman Gaertner and Miss Edna Williams, of Petersburg, Mich; Mrs. John Cleghorn and son Robert, of Cuba; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Fitzgerald and Mr. and Mrs. Fred Weber and daughter, of Buffalo.
Many of those attending the reunion appear in the accompanying photograph.
- Margaret Stahle appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 729 Willow Avenue. Other members of the household included Viola Margaret Weber, Leila Christina Weber and Mollie Elizabeth Weber.
- She was a stenographer in a law office, according to the 1910 census.
- She married Max Frederick Greenwald, son of George S. Greenwald and Mulvina (?), circa 1911.
- The following appeared on 15 August 1912 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] In this city, Thursday, August 15, 1912, Mrs. Margaret Weber, aged 57 years, 5 months, 11 days, at the family residence, 729 Willow avenue. She is survived by four daughters, Emma of Brooklyn, N. Y; Leila, Viola and Mollie, all of this city; two sons, Frederick of Buffalo, N. Y., and Charles of this city. Funeral will be held from the residence Sunday afternoon at 2 o'clock and from the German Zion Lutheran Church at 2:30 o'clock, the Rev. Mr. Brezing officiating. Burial Oakwood Cemetery.
- Max Frederick Greenwald and Viola Margaret Weber appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in LaSalle, Niagara County, New York, at Niagara Falls & Buffalo Boulevard. Other members of the household included Ruth E. Greenwald.
- She was a saleslady in a grocery store, according to the 1920 census.
- The following appeared on 20 March 1929 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In Kenmore, N. Y., March 19, 1929, Frederick S., beloved husband of Mathilda Bremer Weber; father of Grace Alma Weber; brother of Charles A., Leila C. Weber, Mrs. J. Ross, Mrs. M. Greenwald, Mrs. E. Lammert of Niagara Falls, N. Y. Funeral from the family residence, 150 Somerton avenue, Kenmore, N. Y., Friday afternoon at 2:30. Friends are invited to attend. Deceased was a member of Silver Lodge, No. 757, F. & A. M. of Silver Creek, N. Y. Burial under the auspices of Silver Lodge, F. & A. M.
- Max Frederick Greenwald and Viola Margaret Weber appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 9102 Pine Avenue. Other members of the household included Ruth E. Greenwald, Max Frederick Greenwald Jr., Mulvina (?) and Leila Christina Weber.
- The following appeared on 28 September 1953 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] At Memorial Hospital, Sept. 28, 1953, Charles A. Weber of 4939 Rapids Blvd., father of Charles T. Weber, brother of Leila Weber, Emma Weber Ross, Viola Weber Greenwald and Molly Weber Lammerts. Funeral from the residence, Thursday morning at 9 o'clock and at St. Theresa's Church at 9:30. Interment at Gate of Heaven Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 3 December 1963 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Miss Leila C. Weber, 90, a descendant of a pioneer family in Niagara Falls, died Monday (Dec. 2, 1963) at the home of her sister, Mrs. Emma Ross, 729 Willow Ave., where she resided.
She was born in Youngstown and lived in this area all of her life.
Her grandparents came from Germany and settled in Niagara Falls during the early 1800's. They were charter members of Zion Lutheran Church.
In addition to Mrs. Ross, two other sisters survive. They are Mrs. Viola Greenwald, and Mrs. Mollie Lammerts, both of Niagara Falls.
The funeral service will be conducted Thursday at 1:30 p.m. at the Otto Redanz Funeral home, by Rev. Paul Swank, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1966 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mrs. Emma (Weber) Ross, 91, of 729 Willow Ave., died today (June 25, 1966) in Memorial Hospital after a short illness.
She was born at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont., and lived in this city for the last 88 years.
She was a member of Zion Lutheran Church.
She was the widow of the late James S. Ross, who died in 1943. She is survived by one son, Robert W. Ross, this city, and three daughters, Mrs. Leo (Ruth) Samuels, this city; Mrs. Clifford (Jessie) Andrews, Sanborn, and Mrs. John (Margaret) Andrews of Warsaw, N. Y.
Two sisters, Mrs. Edwin Lammerts and Mrs. Max Greenwald, both of this city; eight grandchildren and 23 great-grandchildren also survive.
Funeral services will be held Monday at 3 p.m. at the Redanz Funeral Home. Rev. Paul R. Swank, pastor of Zion Lutheran Church, will officiate.
Burial will be in Oakwood Cemetery.
The family will be present from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
- The SSDI lists Niagara Falls, New York, as the last residence of record of Viola Margaret Weber.
- Viola Margaret Weber died in April 1990 at age 102.
- Last Edited: 10 Feb 2014
Family: Max Frederick Greenwald b. 26 April 1885
- Ruth E. Greenwald+ b. 19 November 1911, d. 8 May 1998
- Max Frederick Greenwald Jr. b. 2 February 1920, d. 10 July 1995