Lee Wayne Pegues
b. 3 September 1934, d. 22 June 2013
- Father: Loyd Wesley Pegues b. 28 June 1909, d. 18 October 1983
- Mother: Maudie Lee Gibson b. 9 April 1913, d. 13 November 1997
- Lee Wayne Pegues was born on 3 September 1934 in Plainview Community, Madison County, Texas.
- Loyd Wesley Pegues and Maudie Lee Gibson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Madison County, Texas, at Plainview & George Road. Other members of the household included Lee Wayne Pegues, William Edward Pegues, Minerva Christina Keefer, Ellis V. Abbott, Christopher Maurice Pegues, Carlos Beauford Pegues, Marshel Edward Pegues and Verlan Cuthrel Pegues.
- The following appeared on 23 October 1957 in The Bryan Daily Eagle: (Marriage License) . . . Lee Wayne Pegues and Euwyn Williams.
- Her 3x great grandsons Wayne Pegues and Bill Wood posed for a photograph with Ann Elizabeth Cosnahan Pegues' Zion Cemetery grave marker, in June 2000.
- Lee Wayne Pegues died on 22 June 2013 at age 78 in Temple, Bell County, Texas, at Olin E. Teague Veterans Medical Center.
- He was buried at Plainview Cemetery in Madison County, Texas.
- The following was published online by Cozart Funeral Home: Funeral Services for Lee Wayne Pegues, 78, of Normangee, Texas will be conducted Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at Cozart Funeral Home in Normangee, Texas. Rev. Johnny Gierisch, III will officiate. Burial will follow in the Plainview Cemetery in Madison County, Texas.
Pegues was born September 3, 1934 to Loyd and Maudie (Gibson) Pegues in the Plainview Community in Madison County, Texas. He married Euwyn Williams of the Macy Community in Brazos County, Texas. He was a devoted husband, father and grandfather and loved his family very much.
Pegues was preceded in death by his parents, one brother, Carlos Ray Pegues, and one daughter, Carla Jean Johnson. He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Euwyn Pegues of Normangee, Texas, two daughters, Bethany Pegues of Missouri City, Texas and Wendi Brewer and husband, Chris of Hilltop Lakes, Texas. Three brothers, Morris Pegues and wife, Mary Jane of Normangee, Texas, Don Pegues of Citrus Heights, California and Clifton Pegues and wife Cecelia of Bryan, Texas and four sisters, Jana Harris and husband Melvin of Franklin, Texas, Mary Lou Lee and Husband Edward Eugene, Patricia Gibson and husband Mitchell and Deborah Matthews and one sister-in-law, Vivian Kornegay all of Bryan, Texas. He is survived by grandchildren, Cara Reyna and John Luis Reyna of Missouri City, Texas, Jennifer Stewart and husband Tommy and Megan Johnson of Bryan, Texas and Stormy Jo Brewer and Morgan Leigh Brewer of Hilltop Lakes, Texas and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and other relatives and friends.
- The following was published online by KBTX.com: Lee Wayne Pegues, 78, of Normangee, Texas passed away on June 22, 2013 at the Olin E. Teague Veterans Medical Center in Temple. Visitation with the family will be held on Monday, June 24 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Cozart Funeral Home in Normangee. Funeral services will be conducted at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 25, at the funeral home. Burial will follow in Plainview Cemetery on FM 1452 in Madison County. Rev. Johnny Gierisch, III will preside over services. Cozart Funeral Home in Normangee will be in charge of arrangements.
- Last Edited: 12 Apr 2015
- Carla Jean Pegues+ b. 27 October 1962, d. 5 November 2012