Carlos Beauford Pegues
b. 10 August 1921, d. 16 December 2014
- Father: William Edward Pegues b. 17 December 1886, d. 28 April 1963
- Mother: Myrtle Alice Lawson b. 25 January 1890, d. 13 April 1971
- Carlos Beauford Pegues was born on 10 August 1921 in Normangee, Leon County, Texas.
- William Edward Pegues and Myrtle Alice Lawson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Madison County, Texas, at Springfield Road. Other members of the household included Carlos Beauford Pegues, Loyd Wesley Pegues, Ellis V. Abbott, Aston Dean Pegues, Christopher Maurice Pegues, Marshel Edward Pegues and Verlan Cuthrel Pegues.
- Loyd Wesley Pegues and Maudie Lee Gibson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Madison County, Texas, at Plainview & George Road. Other members of the household included Carlos Beauford Pegues, Lee Wayne Pegues, William Edward Pegues, Minerva Christina Keefer, Ellis V. Abbott, Christopher Maurice Pegues, Marshel Edward Pegues and Verlan Cuthrel Pegues.
- He was employed by the CCC as an engineer's helper, according to the 1940 census.
- He enlisted as a private in the US Army on 11 July 1942. At the time of his enlistment he was a resident of Harris County, single and without dependents.
- He married Mildred Casey on 16 January 1947.
- The following appeared on 6 July 1972 in The Deer Park Progress: Mr. and Mrs. Aston D. Pegues just returned from Shelbyville, Tennessee where the visited with Mr. Pegues' brother and his wife, Carlos and Mildred Pegues. The trip was especially interesting to Mrs. Pegues because Carlos arranged a tour through American Can while they were there, and the product being made was plastic tubes for Avon products. As most of you know, Mrs. Pegues just happens to be an Avon representative in our area.
- Carlos Beauford Pegues became a widower at the 21 August 2013 death of his wife Mildred Casey.
- Carlos Beauford Pegues died on 16 December 2014 at age 93 in Denton, Caroline County, Maryland.
- He was buried at Plainview Cemetery in Madison County, Texas.
- The following was published online by Madisonville Funeral Home: Funeral services for Carlos B. Pegues, age 93 formerly of Normangee, Texas, will be held 11 A.M. Monday, December 22, 2014 at the Harmony Baptist Church in Normangee, Texas. Rev. Don Swindol will officiate. Burial with military honors will be in the Plainview Cemetery. Visitation will be held on Sunday evening from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at the Madisonville Funeral Home.
Mr. Pegues passed away Tuesday, December 16, 2014 in Maryland. He was born on August 10, 1921 to William Edward Pegues and Myrtle (Lawson) Pegues at Planview, Texas and had six brothers and a sister. Carlos graduated from Normangee High School in 1939. He married Mildred (Casey) Pegues on January 16, 1947. They had three daughters, Gail, Cheryl and Paula.
Mr. Pegues served with the United States Army during World War II in the European operations. He was an engineer gunner on a Glenn L. Martin B-26 Bomber, completing 67 missions over France, Belgium and Holland. He was awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and numerous other medals.
Mr. Pegues worked for a company for 36 years traveling to several states. He attained the position of plant manager and he retired at the age of 54. He was a member and Deacon of Harmony Baptist Church where he was also the adult Sunday School teacher and a Bible Study teacher.
Mr. Pegues is survived by his daughters, Gail McKenzie and Paula McCowan; four grandchildren, Marc Gruzenski, Paul McKenzie, Shawn McGown and Laura McKenzie; six great grandchildren, Aniela Gruzenski, Tomas Gruzenski, Austin Gruzenski, Samantha Gruzenski, Aidan Mckenzie and Soren Gruzenski. He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Mildred Casey Pegues in 2013, a daughter Cheryl Ann Cogan on December 13, 2014and a grandson, Grant Gruzenski on October 20, 2010.
Madisonville Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Last Edited: 10 Mar 2015