Marion Edwin Bay
b. 19 October 1901, d. 9 December 1994
- Father: James Foster Bay b. 4 October 1880, d. 5 September 1940
- Mother: Mary Elizabeth Weatherford b. 4 October 1877, d. 14 April 1952
- Marion Edwin Bay was born on 19 October 1901 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- James Foster Bay and Mary Elizabeth Weatherford appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in McLennan County, Texas. Other members of the household included Marion Edwin Bay, James Foster Bay Jr.
- John Edwin and Stacy Scott Teague Bay were photographed with their children and grandchildren during 1915 in front of "the Bay hotel" in Richards.
- Marion Edwin Bay registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas, while single and living in Richards, occupation "Tailoring," apparently gave an inaccurate birth date, 18 October 1899.
- James Foster Bay and Mary Elizabeth Weatherford appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Marion Edwin Bay, James Foster Bay Jr. and Maegene Bay. Also in the household was boarder Wesley Chandler.
- He married Lonnie Elizabeth Pruitt, daughter of Charles Milford Pruitt and Lucy Kate Hamblen, circa 1927.
- He officially witnessed the death of Mary Elizabeth Weatherford on 14 April 1952 at 7201 Benning Street in Dallas, Texas; at her residence.
- Marion Edwin Bay became a widower at the 23 March 1990 death of his wife Lonnie Elizabeth Pruitt in Tarrant County, Texas.
- Marion Edwin Bay died on 9 December 1994 at age 93 in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 12 December 1994 in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: (Fort Worth) Marion Edwin Bay, 93, a district supervisor with Magnolia Pipeline Company for more than 50 years, died Friday at a Fort Worth nursing home.
Cryptside Service: 2 p.m. Tuesday at Resthaven Mausoleum, Corsicana.
Arrangements: Thompson's Harveson and Cole.
Mr. Bay was born in Richards, lived in Corsicana for 35 years and was a 70-year member of Jewett Lodge 427. He was also active in the Lions Club of Corsicana.
In Fort Worth, where he had lived for six years, he was a member of Polytechnic United Methodist Church.
His wife, Lonnie Pruitt Bay, died in 1990.
Survivors: One grandson and two great-granddaughters.
- Last Edited: 9 Sep 2014
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua